Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What could this be on Spunky's feet?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Spunky
    Likes (Received)

@cowsmom thanks for the recommendation, I guess we will need to wait until 1 year! At least she's better today.

BullyWood Movie Star Fontanafox's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wilson & BabyGirl
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: What could this be on Spunky's feet?

Just keep up the soaking and ointment and it will go away. I've stopped cysts in their tracks on Wilson and BabyGirl but I wash paws with Hibiclens and then spray with an antiseptic spray I got from the vet. They don't get them very often but I always know when one is starting to develop when I catch them licking their paws.
    Wilson & BabyGirl

Bulldog(s) Names
    Spunky
    Likes (Received)

Got home today and Spunkys looks to be doing better, however, you can she's been licking her paws today ;( we will soak and ointment and hope to catch these before an out break or anything. @Fontanafox did you get those Meds via the vet?

Don't Fight The Spunk!

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Tom Fraley
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarge and LuLu
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Its called Deep Pyoderma (interdigtal cysts) can be caused by allergies among other things, it turns into a bacterial infection which I delt with in my Gunnyboy, I did the soaks, prep h, salves and many antibotics and the only thing that took them away was Clindimycin, a antibiotic that is easy on their stomachs and little adverse affects to the dog. I fought these things and are hard to conqure.

Most likely, it's the allergy. It's a chronic condition for our dogs, so you will see more of that in future. You'll learn to deal with it more easily and efficiently as the time go on. I know I did. I've been dealing with Dukey's allergies for a year now, interdigital cysts are least of my worries. Dukey is allergic to grass dust and chicken. Not much I can help out in his surroundings and environment. So we put him on a medication when his allergies worsens. Some goes with little dose of steroid, and I'm going with cyclosporine. It is working for the best for Dukey as up now with his allergy issues.

Spunky will be fine =] I'm sure he's in good hands.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Spunky
    Likes (Received)

Spunky is feeling fine as far as we can tell. I called the vet other day and she said to keep giving her Benedryl for now, until we can take her in. They said they would probably give her a cortisone shot, does anyone have any over the counter ideas for now? She's still licking poor baby

We have soaked in epsinsalt and applied preparationH for a couple days now, also give her a Benedryl.

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

I wish... Miila is a mess and we got her a cortisone shot a few weeks back, seemed to help but not for long. She is on a prescription of some sort that also if of no use to her really. Her feet are driving her crazy right now. Feel awful for her... Going to think about getting allergy testing done for her cuz she has never not had some kind of symptom since getting her, now tho seasonally it is worse.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Spunky
    Likes (Received)

Aww poor miila, I'm sorry to hear that and I hope you find something that works for her!! I hope spunky reacts differently

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

I Hope so too. It is definitely worth a try. Was going to change foods in our search to help her but once the seasons started changing she got worse.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads