Good news and bad news

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
First the good news. The boys went to daycare yesterday and the owner said that Punkin actually played with the other dogs this time. For those that aren't familiar with his story, he joined our family last September as the family who owned him were moving overseas. Seeing as he was an only dog and at 4yo, he wasn't socialized as much as Stiggy was. He's a complete angel and very well behaved, but he's more attached to humans than other doggies. :luv:

Now the bad news. He's limping more than usual now and isn't putting much weight on his right leg. He's always favoured that leg and from his first checkup the vet said it was so mild that an xray wasn't necessary at that time, but now I'm thinking we should investigate exactly what's wrong with it.

Hopefully it's nothing too serious. We're limiting his aggressive play time, and carrying him up and down the stairs for potty. I think he's enjoying that we're actually doing that. lol.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
awww I hope it isn't anything serious either!! When Abby twisted up her leg playing with that rat next door I had her lay on an ice pack and she was fine the next day. Hopefully he just twisted it and will be fine tomorrow. :pray:

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
aww Punkin I love his face! Hope it's nothing serious...keep us posted.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
This breed certainly does limp up a lot, we do a regular dosage of Glucosamine / Chondroitine at dinner time. It helps so much. But we still control jumping off furniture and overly rough housing

OP
izstigspunks

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
@Twice - was thinking about using an icepack but thought he'd run away from it seeing it's something new. I'll try it tonite and see what happens.

@Sherry - I actually booked an appt on friday with the vet, before I knew he was injured, for their annual checkup and was planning ask about glucoseamines. What brand do you use and how much do you give your clan daily?

Punkin did well on his walk just now. We usually go for an hour in the evenings but had to cut it short tonite. On a funnier note, Stig usually gets jealous whenever Punks gets too much attention. He better not expect us to carry him up and down the stairs too! :cursing: lol.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
[MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION] I used to give them what I was taking and that worked well too. I order Triple Strength from Healthy America 1700 mg in two tabs once daily

now I buy from Amizon.com COSEQUIN DS Double Strength. It ain't cheap, but it works. It's based on weight. first six weeks is 3 chewable tabs @ 50 to 100 lbs. after that you can give 1 or 2 tabs a day. I get the 250 tab bottle. It also comes in a spray you just put on the food. I pay $65 a bottle

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I hope it's nothing serious. Simply washed, dried and crushed egg shells are goof for extra calcium too. I sometimes use Synoquin, but it seems that it's only available in Amazon uk.

I

ImAGuinneyPig

Ah, Punkin! Love that guy. I do remember from the Bully Meetup that he gravitated more towards people than the other dogs. So that is WONDERFUL news that he engaged in play with the other dogs at daycare. Way to go, Punkin!

Sorry to hear about his limp though. Guinness is also on supplements. She gets one GlycoFlex III tablet per day. Vet wanted her on Dasuquin with MSM and Sasha's Blend. WAY pricey. I found GlycoFlex III online. Has just about the same ingredients as the two put together. Got a 1 year supply for just over $100 INCLUDING shipping from the U.S.

Most Reactions

Members online