Mugsy just had a seizure at the vets....

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
[MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION]

Oh poor baby! I am gonna say it was due to stress being at the vet also! Brutus had 4 seizures after major surgery and we ran all diff test and everything was negative! Dr said it sometimes is triggered by stress/ anxiety! Hoping and praying for the best!

---

Last edited:
OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
[MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION]

Oh poor baby! I am gonna say it was due to stress being at the vet also! Brutus had 4 seizures after major surgery and we ran all diff test and everything was negative! Dr said it sometimes is triggered by stress/ anxiety! Hoping and praying for the best!

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=40.659085,-74.233417

Good to see that this is not uncommon anyhow. I am hoping this us the case. Assuming bloodwork comes back ok we will ask for something to help him relax before he goes again. Maybe the combination of heat and age? He is just making mama very nervous.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Good to see that this is not uncommon anyhow. I am hoping this us the case. Assuming bloodwork comes back ok we will ask for something to help him relax before he goes again. Maybe the combination of heat and age? He is just making mama very nervous.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

:hug: Sending prayers and positive thoughts.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=40.659037,-74.233434

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Hey Jen...sorry it took me so long to get here. Work ruins everything. Everything TOTALLY sounds like a seizure. The stiffening and loss of bowel control for sure. The screaming kinda worries me. Vegas has never made any noise at all during a seizure. We definitely know that anxiety/stress can be a trigger. Anyway to find a person that comes to your house to do the grooming so he doesn't get stressed next time? Hugs to you and your family. Yes, Monday is aways away.....when something like this is happening.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Well if Cesar Milan says dogs live in the "now" ... I'm assuming he's not even thinking about what happened. Unfortunately people think about the past, in the now and worry about the future. It sure sounds like a seizure but whether it is caused by stress I don't know. I have a family member who gets epileptic seizures and his body tightens up and he vomits as well. Let's hope this is a one time incident or that at least you can prepare emotionally for it to happen under stressful situations. Hurry up Monday!!!

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
OH man, I'm sorry to hear about this and hope the vet provides answers on Monday. NOTHING worse than not knowing. :(

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I'm so sorry, I hope it's was just stress and I know that monday doesn't come too fast. Hang in there.

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
I am sorry this happened to Mugsy. I don't have any experience with seizures but I hope he is feeling better today

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
thank you guys! [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] I do like the idea of having a groomer come here and will for sure look into that although the meds still might be a good idea too. Mobile grooming is very common around here, dont know why I havent thought it it. Trying to get all 3 to the vets is hard on a good day and now we wont be able to take all 3 at the same time anymore, obviously too much on Mugsy. Hubby said I guess this happened right at the front door to go in so he kinda let Miila and Cutty go in the door and pulled off mugsys collar etc to try and help him, not knowing what was going on. Guess Miila jumped up on some 90 year ol lady's lap, she ran screaming. Oh my goodness. The office was full there. :lol: Not funny but kinda. Sad for her tho, guess she thought Miila wanted to eat her but no just kisses. Thank goodness they know us there pretty well. [MENTION=1760]Fontanafox[/MENTION] Thanks for that, you are right he is long over it I am sure. Wish we could live in the present more. ;)

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Hang in there....I hope it's a one time incident associated with a trip to the vet visit.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I'm late (as usual lately) but my vote goes for stress too. But just in case, I'll be praying for him tonight.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online