Mugsy just had a seizure at the vets....

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I know he is a pug and all but they are built the same so I am posting anyhow. Guess hubby had all 3 walking into the vets to get their nails and anals done when Mugsy stopped and just started screaming. Hubby said he was stiff and laying on his side with his mouth open. :poo:ed in the process and then after they got into the vets I guess he threw up. They took bloodwork so I will call monday for the results. He will be 6 in September and has been the most healthy pup ever actually. I dont think he has ever even had to take any medicine now that I think of it. I dont know what is going on with him but I am so anxious right now. [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION], I will tag you since I know you deal with this but would love to hear anything from everyone at this point.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
can't give you any advice Jenn, but can give you a big :hug::muah2:

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
I know it's a long shot but is it possible he has maybe had a very bad experience at the vet and stress caused this? Idk if you leave them to get their nails done and then pick them up later but if so it is possible someone hurt him on accident or was less than kind to him.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh my dear i wish i could help but ive no experience with this. i so hope its a one time thing. :hug:

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Well he HATES the vets to the point where he is shaking when we get him in the car to go cuz he knows what is coming. Has been this way since he was a baby really. Hoping it is anxiety of some sort but has NEVER had anything wrong with him, I never expected anything like this. He is my perfect pup aside from his "protecting the neighborhood" and all.

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
I do too [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION], I am just so sad and anxious right now. Monday is a long ways away. I hope the results come back ok.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Very scary! Mugzy little sweetie.... :hug:

I was thinking possible stress like [MENTION=1665]dozersmama[/MENTION] or even just the excitement of it all, I find it not pure coincidence that it happened while he was not doing something that is part of daily routine.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
I do too @cowsmom, I am just so sad and anxious right now. Monday is a long ways away. I hope the results come back ok.
well he could have just been so nervous it caused the seizure. hang on jenn it will be ok. have a few :cheers: take a calgon bath. HE WILL BE OK tell yourself that and if you need we are here for you hon. feel free to pm me or whatever. im always available. :hug:

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
I do too [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION], I am just so sad and anxious right now. Monday is a long ways away. I hope the results come back ok. Thank you [MENTION=4277]gunnyboy[/MENTION] and @Kim Sebastian n Oliver. ME TOO!

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh I hope it is just stress related. Maybe age brings this on too? He has been biting at the air this week BUT I know his anal glands are full so never thought much of it.

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
After that little overheating episode 2 weeks ago I am more anxious tho cuz THAT was scary and totally not a normal thing for him. He is looking chubby like I posted then so for sure a pound needs lost but my gawd.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
I do too @cowsmom, I am just so sad and anxious right now. Monday is a long ways away. I hope the results come back ok. Thank you @gunnyboy and @Kim Sebastian n Oliver. ME TOO!
jenn i bet he is laying there chillin just being his normal self. this i a one time thing tell yourself that. i know its hard and its scary when something is wrong but just enjoy that he is there being normal right now. give him hugs and kisses. try not to worry dear and trust me i know its scary. :hug:

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
jenn i bet he is laying there chillin just being his normal self. this i a one time thing tell yourself that. i know its hard and its scary when something is wrong but just enjoy that he is there being normal right now. give him hugs and kisses. try not to worry dear and trust me i know its scary. :hug:

He is, but he is extra cuddly with me. Have him by my side while in the office right now.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online