Beefy's eye

jen74401

Feb 18, 2012
Oklahoma
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Beefy
Yesterday I let Beefy out to go to the restroom, 5 minutes later I let him back in and the inside corner of his eye was bulged out. Of course, I freaked. I put him in his kennel for about 30 mins so I could research and when I took him out so I could look at it his eye was back to normal. I first thought cherry eye but then when his eye went back to normal I didn't know what to think. What do you guys think? I know Beef thinks I have gone mad! :cry:

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
This happend to Brutus as 4 months...It was slight cherry eye and went back in within a couple minutes...It happend again about 2 weeks ago and I was able to massage it back in and we havent had any issues :pray: Sometimes its not as big as you normally see when a bullie has cherry eye! Just keep an eye on him.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Abby gets that in her eyes the day after I give her subQ fluids. It always goes away on it's own but sometimes I get impatient and push it back down.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
If it goes away by it self surgery is not needed. sometimes when their heads grow to its full size it doesn`t come out anymore. You can tell when its bad and then it doesn`t go back itself and needs to be operated.

Last edited:
OP
jen74401

jen74401

Feb 18, 2012
Oklahoma
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Beefy
It absolutely scared me. I had never seen anything like it before and my first thought was "oh no, he damaged his eye!" Then I remembered everything I had seen on here about cherry eye. I was going to try the massage thing but it went back in on its own. I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks guys!

MissPennyLue

Jun 20, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Lue (Penny)
Penny's went in and out for a few days before it stayed out permanently in her right eye. In her left eye, it came out once. My husband massaged it back in & we haven't had problems. I did read that allergens (dust, etc.) can cause them to swell..maybe he got into something outside. Hope it stays in!

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
annie had 1 we put back in ourselves,then the other 1 came out and was a stubborn little bugger so had it removed ,to see how to put it back in yourself just youtube it lol,good old youtube!!!!,karen

Members online

No members online now.