Lex is having X-rays done

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
Well we are having problems with him walking again so we are gonna do X-rays and hopefully find out what is causing his pain. Just hoping its not hip dysplasia ugh!!!!

He is limping and has a hard time putting pressure on his leg. And he also has a hard time getting stable when he gets up from laying down.

L

Lucy-licious

Give Lex a gentle queeze for me and I hope they can find out what's wrong with his leg and that it can be heeled easily xx

OP
lexterwayne

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
I hope it's nothing but have a bad feeling it's gonna be something :( this is his 3 or 4th time for him to get this limp.

OP
lexterwayne

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
He is trying to feel better. He chews on a toy for a bit then Naps for a bit lol

rainyruth

Feb 8, 2012
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Nigel and Talulah
If it does turn out to be hip dysplasia, the nearest vet college may be able to repair it. :)

OP
lexterwayne

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
If it does turn out to be hip dysplasia, the nearest vet college may be able to repair it. :)

We only have a&m and it's about 3 hrs away. Not sure we are just gonna wait and find out then go from there :(

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Do you have him on any joint supplements yet [MENTION=1041]lexterwayne[/MENTION] ? Please give him a big squeeze for us :heart:

OP
lexterwayne

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
Lisa he has been on glucosamine for about 2 or 3 months now

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Bea has what I call a "re-occurring injury" as a result of a NHL style hip check from Bo that actually dented the siding on the house. She can chase bubbles like there's no tomorrow; diving, jumping, hurling herself toward the bubble to pop it like an athlete. Alternately, she favors that one back foot - even pivoting to favor it (like when she's eating) --- and then doesn't again. Squeezing it, poking it, moving it doesn't seem to bother her. While I've not had it x-rayed yet (I am unemployed and we're still 300 bucks away from Bea's deductible), it may come to that --- and soon. Today her cousin is coming over - a boxer named Olivia - and I'll watch the play carefully. Everything in me says "sore muscle" or "strained muscle" but who knows with these guys? For the record, I've been paying the additional 5 dollar a month hip dysplasia up-charge on his and hers insurance too. If she needs brand new titanium hips at some point, you'd better believe we're getting 'em. :yes:

I hope Lex's thing is just a sore muscle! Keep us posted eh? I may have to bite the bullet and go in to see Dr. Terry.....

OP
lexterwayne

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
Bea has what I call a "re-occurring injury" as a result of a NHL style hip check from Bo that actually dented the siding on the house. She can chase bubbles like there's no tomorrow; diving, jumping, hurling herself toward the bubble to pop it like an athlete. Alternately, she favors that one back foot - even pivoting to favor it (like when she's eating) --- and then doesn't again. Squeezing it, poking it, moving it doesn't seem to bother her. While I've not had it x-rayed yet (I am unemployed and we're still 300 bucks away from Bea's deductible), it may come to that --- and soon. Today her cousin is coming over - a boxer named Olivia - and I'll watch the play carefully. Everything in me says "sore muscle" or "strained muscle" but who knows with these guys? For the record, I've been paying the additional 5 dollar a month hip dysplasia up-charge on his and hers insurance too. If she needs brand new titanium hips at some point, you'd better believe we're getting 'em. :yes:

I hope Lex's thing is just a sore muscle! Keep us posted eh? I may have to bite the bullet and go in to see Dr. Terry.....

Well lex and no have always played and sometimes rough him and Libby play good too. That's what we keep telling our selves is he just strained it but it seems like its gettin worse :(

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I'm hoping its just a sprain too. They don't understand the need for rest and recovery time. They just want to go go go! It makes me nuts lol

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.