OP
lexterwayne

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
Another thing is that his mom Maggie passed away last the at the age of 2 from bone cancer. She had torn her acl after she had puppies, fixed it and after she kept limping. Dr said it was just the healing process they did test and didn't find anything. She moved to vermont and Maggie started loosing weight. Dr said it was none cancer and it was spreading rapidly.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
When is his appt for the X-rays? I will pray it's nothing too serious, same for you Vicaroo, I have heard a lot about torn ACL but don't know what the symptoms are. Maybe that is what it is? Seems more possible at their ages? (((hugs))) to both of you.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Will be thinking about Lex and you today until we hear any news. Hoping it's something easily fixable. Hugs Kendall. :hug:

OP
lexterwayne

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
When is his appt for the X-rays? I will pray it's nothing too serious, same for you Vicaroo, I have heard a lot about torn ACL but don't know what the symptoms are. Maybe that is what it is? Seems more possible at their ages? (((hugs))) to both of you.

We did a drop off this morning at 7:30. They do all the "procedures" in the morning and sees patients in the afternoon. So I will call round lunch time and see how he is doing. I have an app at 5:15 to go pick him up and mark will go over the X-rays w me. Not sure why I'm at work cause I can't think straight today. I can't take any more vac time trying to build up 2 weeks for wedding and honeymoon! I have some sick time but.... So I'm just doing little stuff that I know i can't screw up lol. Once the bone cancer thing came back into my mind it's been awful

OP
lexterwayne

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
I know it's had not to think about something like that. I've been looking at pet insurance just in case

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Bone cancer pain isn't intermittent. It doesn't come and go...once they have that pain..it's constant and gets worse. Sadly..this I know from experience.. You would've known long ago..now...get that out of your head! I'll be thinking positive thoughts for sweet Lex! :hug:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Oh my just saw this. I'm hoping for good news n that its nothing serious. Sarah has had a torn acl and she has a broken leg and she still walks around n does good. These dogs are amazing so I'm sure he will be fine. You may want to get a joint med that has chondroitin and msm in it as well. They work together n the msm helps with inflamation. Just a thought. Hugs to you n good thought from me n Sarah

OP
lexterwayne

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
Bone cancer pain isn't intermittent. It doesn't come and go...once they have that pain..it's constant and gets worse. Sadly..this I know from experience.. You would've known long ago..now...get that out of your head! I'll be thinking positive thoughts for sweet Lex! :hug:

Thanks for that I needed that. Even though he does get worse then better so hopefully we can cross that off.

Here is a pic of him in the car when we got to dr.'s
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335368636.493193.jpg

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
Awww! I hope it's just a sprain or something and not anything serious. Keep your head up, these guys are tough!

OP
lexterwayne

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
Well called vet on the way home to lunch and they said they had a meeting this morning and that they are fixing to give him the sleepy med. I'll be on phones from 1-3 so won't be able to call and check up on him till 3 :(

Libby has been Looking all over the house for lexter :'(

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Prayers to Lex. hope you get some good news from the vet and it's something simple. Please let us now. Hugs to Lex.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Aw, this is breaking my heart. :( I am the queen of bulldogs and orthopedic problems so I hope the diagnosis is good but if not, I will help or add insight any way I can. Love to Lex...get better big guy! xoxoxox

Most Reactions