Thread: Lex is having X-rays done

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Lex is having X-rays done

Bea has what I call a "re-occurring injury" as a result of a NHL style hip check from Bo that actually dented the siding on the house. She can chase bubbles like there's no tomorrow; diving, jumping, hurling herself toward the bubble to pop it like an athlete. Alternately, she favors that one back foot - even pivoting to favor it (like when she's eating) --- and then doesn't again. Squeezing it, poking it, moving it doesn't seem to bother her. While I've not had it x-rayed yet (I am unemployed and we're still 300 bucks away from Bea's deductible), it may come to that --- and soon. Today her cousin is coming over - a boxer named Olivia - and I'll watch the play carefully. Everything in me says "sore muscle" or "strained muscle" but who knows with these guys? For the record, I've been paying the additional 5 dollar a month hip dysplasia up-charge on his and hers insurance too. If she needs brand new titanium hips at some point, you'd better believe we're getting 'em.

I hope Lex's thing is just a sore muscle! Keep us posted eh? I may have to bite the bullet and go in to see Dr. Terry.....

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    lex 19 months
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vicaroo1000 View Post
    Bea has what I call a "re-occurring injury" as a result of a NHL style hip check from Bo that actually dented the siding on the house. She can chase bubbles like there's no tomorrow; diving, jumping, hurling herself toward the bubble to pop it like an athlete. Alternately, she favors that one back foot - even pivoting to favor it (like when she's eating) --- and then doesn't again. Squeezing it, poking it, moving it doesn't seem to bother her. While I've not had it x-rayed yet (I am unemployed and we're still 300 bucks away from Bea's deductible), it may come to that --- and soon. Today her cousin is coming over - a boxer named Olivia - and I'll watch the play carefully. Everything in me says "sore muscle" or "strained muscle" but who knows with these guys? For the record, I've been paying the additional 5 dollar a month hip dysplasia up-charge on his and hers insurance too. If she needs brand new titanium hips at some point, you'd better believe we're getting 'em.

I hope Lex's thing is just a sore muscle! Keep us posted eh? I may have to bite the bullet and go in to see Dr. Terry.....
    Well lex and no have always played and sometimes rough him and Libby play good too. That's what we keep telling our selves is he just strained it but it seems like its gettin worse
    Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

My Bully Gave Me Wings Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Bev
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I'm hoping its just a sprain too. They don't understand the need for rest and recovery time. They just want to go go go! It makes me nuts lol

Bulldog(s) Names
    lex 19 months
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Another thing is that his mom Maggie passed away last the at the age of 2 from bone cancer. She had torn her acl after she had puppies, fixed it and after she kept limping. Dr said it was just the healing process they did test and didn't find anything. She moved to vermont and Maggie started loosing weight. Dr said it was none cancer and it was spreading rapidly.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

When is his appt for the X-rays? I will pray it's nothing too serious, same for you Vicaroo, I have heard a lot about torn ACL but don't know what the symptoms are. Maybe that is what it is? Seems more possible at their ages? (((hugs))) to both of you.

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Will be thinking about Lex and you today until we hear any news. Hoping it's something easily fixable. Hugs Kendall.
    "I am normally not a praying man, but if you really are up there, please save me Superman!'' - Homer J. Simpson

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duke
    Likes (Received)

thinking of you guys today pleae update when you have a chance. hoping for good news!

Bulldog(s) Names
    lex 19 months
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    When is his appt for the X-rays? I will pray it's nothing too serious, same for you Vicaroo, I have heard a lot about torn ACL but don't know what the symptoms are. Maybe that is what it is? Seems more possible at their ages? (((hugs))) to both of you.
    We did a drop off this morning at 7:30. They do all the "procedures" in the morning and sees patients in the afternoon. So I will call round lunch time and see how he is doing. I have an app at 5:15 to go pick him up and mark will go over the X-rays w me. Not sure why I'm at work cause I can't think straight today. I can't take any more vac time trying to build up 2 weeks for wedding and honeymoon! I have some sick time but.... So I'm just doing little stuff that I know i can't screw up lol. Once the bone cancer thing came back into my mind it's been awful

My Bully Gave Me Wings Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Bev
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lexterwayne View Post
    Once the bone cancer thing came back into my mind it's been awful

Stop that! Things are always 100 times worse in our heads. Don't do that to yourself.

I'm praying it's something simple and easily dealt with.

Bulldog(s) Names
    lex 19 months
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I know it's had not to think about something like that. I've been looking at pet insurance just in case

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Bone cancer pain isn't intermittent. It doesn't come and go...once they have that pain..it's constant and gets worse. Sadly..this I know from experience.. You would've known long ago..now...get that out of your head! I'll be thinking positive thoughts for sweet Lex!

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

Oh my just saw this. I'm hoping for good news n that its nothing serious. Sarah has had a torn acl and she has a broken leg and she still walks around n does good. These dogs are amazing so I'm sure he will be fine. You may want to get a joint med that has chondroitin and msm in it as well. They work together n the msm helps with inflamation. Just a thought. Hugs to you n good thought from me n Sarah

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Remove Ads