Lesions on Arnold's back

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Arnold has these strange spots on his back only, gray scaley areas with just a few penicil eraser-size open lesions that are red. Here is about the best pix I can get with my phone'

Arnold skin.jpg

C

Cooper11

that is exactly what Cooper had...do you feel like you can pick it off or pick at it..... I would try neosporin and see if it helps at all my morning...I would get it tested for mange also. Gracie has these tiny bald spots on her it almost just looked like a hole in her fur...there are like 3 and the vet tested for mange right away and I wouldn't not have even guessed mange. It wasn't Mange but he did say Mange can come quick and come is small spots like that. He also told me Coopers were allergies...environmental more than likely! Cooper did itch his either....I think they bothered me more than him. They were in his back or neck almost like by the shoulder and also toward his tail but still on his back! Is that sound like what Arnold has???

[MENTION=3123]agingermom[/MENTION]

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Bre had some funny spots similar to that after her injuries healed up. I almost wonder if it isn't just like bully eczema? I had her scraped for mange and it came back negative. You'll have to let us know if you find out what it is.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Poor Arnold. xxoo Looks like it could be a number of things from the pic, hard to tell without actually seeing it. Looks hivey perhaps. Is hivey a word? If not, I just made it up. Or I spelled it wrong.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Looks like allergies to me? Once I got Wilson on the right food he never got any kind of scabs or open red sores on his skin anymore. I had to stop treats but his skin is no longer any problem. Just itchy feet caused by grass and weeds. Hope you get some answers soon.

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
these spots with hair loss and flaky skin are usually down to allergy could be a different place that the allergic reaction is ie belly/pits/eyes/ears/feet sometimes it follows that they get hairloss,dandruff and these spots/lesions,annie had many on her back and lots of hair loss,her itching has been minimal and no hair loss but we are having building work done and she is allergic to dustmites so with all the carpets being pulled up and wall paper being taken off the walls she is itching slightly more and has a small balding patch on her back,i do nothing for these personally and concentrate on her itchy belly,all the creams and shots in the world wont cure allergies ,the only way to deal with them is from the inside out trying to eliminate the allergens from diet/surroundings and building the immune system as best as you can,karen

OP
agingermom

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Poor Arnold. xxoo Looks like it could be a number of things from the pic, hard to tell without actually seeing it. Looks hivey perhaps. Is hivey a word? If not, I just made it up. Or I spelled it wrong.

It is your forum!! Hivey is officially a word now!! LOL

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
@agingermom --- it could be staph infect which is a result of a week immune system, which is caused by allergies. Nitschke suffered from this a lot -- all environmental.

If it is staph --- high dose of antibiotics for an extended period of time

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online