Cherry Eye

TANK1

Jan 17, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
BLUTO
Has anybody had cherry eye procedure done on their bulldog at OSU University Veterinarian hospital? My dog recently had bilateral canthoplasā€‹ties surgery done less than a month ago and one of the glands in one eye has already popped out again. They also did a procedure that shortens the surrounding of the eye by cutting the side of the eye and then sewing it together so there is less of the eye exposed to keep the cherry eye in place. The pupils of my puppy now are in the corner of the eye preventing him from seeing anything but directly in front of him. I would love to get some feedback and advice. Thanks

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Found this post as a reply to our forum rules, moving to Bulldog Health section.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Oh my.... that sounds like it was a drastic. How old is Blutto and was his cherry eye constantly an issue?

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
sounds a barbaric op,why would they sew his eyes like that?he needs good vision not limited vision!,,karen

Most Reactions