Thread: Update on Petee's demodex mange treatment

Bulldog(s) Names
    Petee
    Likes (Received)

Default Update on Petee's demodex mange treatment

So, I tried the Goodwinol ointment and shampoo....Petee had a TERRIBLE reaction to the shampoo. His skin turned fire engine red! He's okay, saw the vet and put him on antibiotics and went back to using Pyoben gel and shampoo. Vet did two skin scrapings and they were negative. Still continuing treatment until there is three negative scrapes in three months. Still eating Nature's Variety Instinct food, but switched him from chicken to the beef and lamb formula. He loves it! Poop is formed, goes less, and less gas! Giving him Alaskan Salmon Oil and yogurt daily. He has gotten dry, flakey skin along his back- most likely from the Pyoben shampoo . This is the only place I see it dry. His underside is red/brown in color....I don't see him licking there a lot so I don't know why it's like that. It looks yucky looking. After all this mange treatment, is there a shampoo or something that whitens up white fur?

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    lex 19 months
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Carolina pet pantry has some great blue berry spa treatment that works awesome to get there white white again. I live by this stuff!!
    Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Petee
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Update on Petee's demodex mange treatment

Quote Originally Posted by lexterwayne View Post
    Carolina pet pantry has some great blue berry spa treatment that works awesome to get there white white again. I live by this stuff!!
    Thank you for that info.! Lex is a cutie pie!

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Update on Petee's demodex mange treatment

I use the blueberry facial wash on the boys too, they smell so good after that they lick each others' faces. lol.

But for their body we use an oatmeal and aloe shampoo we get from the vets. They had a bad reaction when we tried something different so we went back to what worked. After rinsing, we rinse them again with 1 part white vinegar 10 parts water solution. (Be careful not to get this solution near their eyes, it'll sting!) My vet instructed us to do this when we had trouble controlling Stig's allergies when we first got him and haven't stopped since. The veterans here say that it's mainly to control yeast.
    "I am normally not a praying man, but if you really are up there, please save me Superman!'' - Homer J. Simpson

Remove Ads