Update on Petee's demodex mange treatment

petee2

Mar 26, 2012
Scott Township, PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Petee
So, I tried the Goodwinol ointment and shampoo....Petee had a TERRIBLE reaction to the shampoo. His skin turned fire engine red! He's okay, saw the vet and put him on antibiotics and went back to using Pyoben gel and shampoo. Vet did two skin scrapings and they were negative. :) Still continuing treatment until there is three negative scrapes in three months. Still eating Nature's Variety Instinct food, but switched him from chicken to the beef and lamb formula. He loves it! Poop is formed, goes less, and less gas! Giving him Alaskan Salmon Oil and yogurt daily. He has gotten dry, flakey skin along his back- most likely from the Pyoben shampoo . This is the only place I see it dry. His underside is red/brown in color....I don't see him licking there a lot so I don't know why it's like that. It looks yucky looking. After all this mange treatment, is there a shampoo or something that whitens up white fur?

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
Carolina pet pantry has some great blue berry spa treatment that works awesome to get there white white again. I live by this stuff!!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I use the blueberry facial wash on the boys too, they smell so good after that they lick each others' faces. lol.

But for their body we use an oatmeal and aloe shampoo we get from the vets. They had a bad reaction when we tried something different so we went back to what worked. After rinsing, we rinse them again with 1 part white vinegar 10 parts water solution. (Be careful not to get this solution near their eyes, it'll sting!) My vet instructed us to do this when we had trouble controlling Stig's allergies when we first got him and haven't stopped since. The veterans here say that it's mainly to control yeast.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.