Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I think Lily scratched herself raw.

Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lily
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: I think Lily scratched herself raw.

Quote Originally Posted by cowsmom View Post
    @Lily122511 also maybe give him a bath and then wash his face with a baby wipe real good. see if you can wipe off whatever is bothering him if its environmental. maybe keep him inside and windows closed till monday. just a thought
    @cowsmom,
    Great ideas. I will do that. I called the vet and I am waiting for a call about.
    Thank you so much for all your help.
    I am very greatful to you!!!

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duke
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lily122511 View Post
    @cowsmom,

Oh she just scratched it open again.
    And now it's bleeding again.
    I can't keep her from scratching it.
    It's so raw I don't know what to do!
    oh this is the worst.. Duke would do this quiet often..makes you crazy then you feel so bad for them.. I would make sure you keep the wrinkles dry then use the desitin like Bruce told you.. once you go to the vet hopefully they can give you direction on what else to do.. We give Duke Zrtec every other day . he has terrible allergies and this is suggested by his dermatologist . he did not do well on Benadryl.. made him very tired.. also Zrtec does not have the same ingredients.. There is something in the benadryl that causes dry eyes .. and because Duke ALSO had eye issues we had to switch.. Good Luck to you.. let us know what the vet says.. also another trick keep her occupied we would give Duke kongs with treats and nylabones..

Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lily
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BabyDuke View Post
    oh this is the worst.. Duke would do this quiet often..makes you crazy then you feel so bad for them.. I would make sure you keep the wrinkles dry then use the desitin like Bruce told you.. once you go to the vet hopefully they can give you direction on what else to do.. We give Duke Zrtec every other day . he has terrible allergies and this is suggested by his dermatologist . he did not do well on Benadryl.. made him very tired.. also Zrtec does not have the same ingredients.. There is something in the benadryl that causes dry eyes .. and because Duke ALSO had eye issues we had to switch.. Good Luck to you.. let us know what the vet says.. also another trick keep her occupied we would give Duke kongs with treats and nylabones..
    @BabyDuke,
    That's exactly how I feel.
    I feel so helpless.
    I keep following her around like a crazy lady making sure she does not scratch.
    I'm even getting the stink eye for it. Lol
    Thanks for the tips.
    I'll try anything at this point.
    Oh and btw Duke is so handsome!!
    Last edited by Lily122511; 04-21-2012 at 01:02 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads