Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Allergy Shot....

Cooper11

Default Re: Allergy Shot....

:picknose: I know!! I was kinda surprised he wasn't allergic to more food than that....they did say that the ones marked BL I might as well count them cause he is young and they would go off of 150 and not 175 for positive.. ....thank lisa! And I will see about the shot..i am going to wait a couple more weeks and see how he looks when his steroid shot and all the other stuff wears off...I am going to be ordering him some different food though... just need to do some looking at the ones @cowsmom @Watson recommended

Bulldog Vet in Training karenben's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hilda
    Likes (Received)

steroid shots are only a quick fix unfortunatly,the immune system governs allergies,you really need to look into your dogs immune system and find ways to calm it down,as the immune system is the core problem giving allergy shots for the specific allergens may/may not deal with that specific allergen but usually other allergens come into play,for my dog i am not giving shots of any type i am dealing with her from the inside out ,her biggest problem is dustmites ,though since taking the holistic drops her itching is now very little ,her problem is from vaccine damage so no more vaccines for her,i think every dog owner should research just what vaccine/spot on treatments/steroids actually do to the immune system that in turn damage the immune system hence causing all sorts of problems,just my input ,karen

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by karenben View Post
    steroid shots are only a quick fix unfortunatly,the immune system governs allergies,you really need to look into your dogs immune system and find ways to calm it down,as the immune system is the core problem giving allergy shots for the specific allergens may/may not deal with that specific allergen but usually other allergens come into play,for my dog i am not giving shots of any type i am dealing with her from the inside out ,her biggest problem is dustmites ,though since taking the holistic drops her itching is now very little ,her problem is from vaccine damage so no more vaccines for her,i think every dog owner should research just what vaccine/spot on treatments/steroids actually do to the immune system that in turn damage the immune system hence causing all sorts of problems,just my input ,karen
    The shots are supposed to build antibodies against the specific allergies. Sarah had many doses of steroid shot prior to the allergy shots, until they would not do it and I learned why. However they gave her about a years worth and steroid tabs before we saw a vet who said "no no no!".... You are correct Karen, they don't tell you that it is shortening their life. Heck most don't even tell you they are giving steroids.... They call them allergy shots.

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Bulldog Vet in Training karenben's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hilda
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    The shots are supposed to build antibodies against the specific allergies. Sarah had many doses of steroid shot prior to the allergy shots, until they would not do it and I learned why. However they gave her about a years worth and steroid tabs before we saw a vet who said "no no no!".... You are correct Karen, they don't tell you that it is shortening their life. Heck most don't even tell you they are giving steroids.... They call them allergy shots.
    its amazing how we believe the vets,they lull us into a false sense of security doing more damage than good at times,i always look for an alternative before considering the vets,obviously some ailments need the vet but i really do believe that there is a lot to say about alternative meds,karen

Cooper11

Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    My Vet also mentioned the steroid shot but told me he didn't recommend it because it has long term effects and is not good for them. May shorten their life!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads