Ear Cleaning

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
i make my own using extra virgin olive oil with lavender in it,leave for about 30 mins then wipe out with colloidal silver,i do this monthly but if she seems to have itchy ears i will do this every 3 days or so till the itching goes,always plug the ears with cooton wool balls when bathing,karen

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Wow.

I'm clearly going to have to give ear cleaning more attention. There's nothing coming out of there and they appear to be clean.....but I've never dumped anything in there and I never get water in their ears during a bath. I wipe out their ears daily with the hypoallergenic baby wipe while I'm doing wrinkles, tail pockets and tear gutters......

OP
BrooklynStar

BrooklynStar

Feb 21, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
I use malacetic otic, my kiddos ears maybe have a bit of dirt in them each week but never any waxy build up or yeast anymore.

[MENTION=4285]GRACIE11[/MENTION] I do have to question this. Straight alcohol I would think would be too harsh.... plus the smell of alcohol coming out of the ears would probably burn the eyes, yours and hers! :eek: If you were going to use something like that, go for witch hazel.

Looks okay :up: I prefer a acetic solution myself, some of that stuff I don't really know what it is. Let us know how it goes! Good stuff is the witch hazel and chlorhexidine :up: I like those ingredients in it. And let me know how it smells too!

Great thanks so much for your opinion it smells good and I put it in dozers ears last night. He woke up this morning and he didn't itch as much usually he goes at his ears maybe like four times but today he only went at them one time, and as of right now he hasn't even scratch his ears I'm not sure if that's an improvement or what but I'm going to try again tonight and see how it goes, the instructions said its safe to use every day.

Members online

No members online now.