Fbjdd

Mar 16, 2012
Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bongo
Hi all
First here is a picture of Bongo and the carpet after he was done. He blamed it on his brother the pug lol.

My question is I was just told not to give my Bongo a bully stick because his puppy milk teeth were too fragile and would break? Is this true what can you give them to chew on then while he still has puppy teeth?

Sent from my iPhone using
Frank. D

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334857042.963376.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334857042.963376.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 121

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Oh oh, Bongo's in trouble....:lol: I personally would never give my bullies Bully Sticks. I got these by accident thinking they were antlers and they were horriblely messing like a rawhide bone would be. I believe there's a few posts on them recently in the General Bulldog Talk section. I know I posted a picture of Wilson eating one, never again.

Now about that Bongo and the carpet. :D

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
Use Nyla bones, kong classic, and antlers.

We used bully bones and he swallowed one scared the crap out of me and feared blockage... At first nylabones don't attract much as the teeth start he will chew it guaranteed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I

ImAGuinneyPig

Guinness loved to chew her Nylabones and her tug rope when she was teething. [MENTION=4305]Vince00[/MENTION] was bang on by saying that the Nylabones don't seem to cause too much excitement at first, but then they love them! So don't get discouraged if he turns his nose up at them at first.
Also, don't buy the flexi kind of Nylabones. Those have been swallowed by dogs and have caused blockages. I only give Guinn the hard ones.

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
The hard nylabones are great, I hold them and let Kain chew like a mad man, I have noticed blood on them from his teeth he gets going so much on them. Rarely does he just go pick them up on his own but by removing the item you don't want him chewing on and replacing with the nylabone you will adapt him well.

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Go with the deer antlers. Bully sticks get very gummy after consistent chewing, stinky and tend to grow bacteria on them if they sit around too long. Learned this first hand because it gave my yorkie the squishies after and then the vet told me to not use them. I also gave and continue to give Raven frozen veggies. They were great when she started teething. Nylabones are really good.

By the way get some bitter apple spray and spray the furniture legs, step corners and anything else that he remotely licks that he shouldn't. Raven turned several of those items into nibbles until I used the spray.

rainyruth

Feb 8, 2012
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Nigel and Talulah
I don't have anything to add to the above advice, just wanted to say that Bongo is a naughty little s**t and I'm laughing at the picture! :D

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.