Thread: Probiotics

Bulldog(s) Names
    Nigel and Talulah
    Likes (Received)

Default Probiotics

I was thinking about getting a probiotic for my bullies. Does anyone know if they do any good or not?

Dog Park Attendant Become a 4 Paw Member Maximus's Avatar
    Real Name
    Patrick
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maximus
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Probiotics

I can only tell you that I give both of my dogs Probiotics. My bulldog has been taking Probiotics since I got him, and he had a bad case of Giardia. Finally once the giardia was cleared up I continued him on the Probiotics. There is alot of good information on the Web regarding probiotics for dogs. I think they're good for people
    and they're good for dogs !

Bulldog(s) Names
    Poppy, Bunk
    Likes (Received)

Yes they are good. They boost the immune system and are sometimes helpful with gas. There are many other benefits but those two were my main reasons for feeding it. I feed Fortiflora (Purina) but just ordered probiotics from Dr. Mercola (google her, not sure I'm allowed to post links).

Bulldog Vet in Training karenben's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hilda
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Probiotics

annie has had to have a short course of antibiotics much to my sadness!!!,i hate antibiotics but she was coming out of season and develpoed a small infection ,did not want to risk pyo ,shes finished them now so ive started acidophilus for 2 weeks ,human grade from the health shop ,excellent for immune system and can be given regularly,karen

Remove Ads