Probiotics

rainyruth

Feb 8, 2012
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Nigel and Talulah
I was thinking about getting a probiotic for my bullies. Does anyone know if they do any good or not?

Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
I can only tell you that I give both of my dogs Probiotics. My bulldog has been taking Probiotics since I got him, and he had a bad case of Giardia. Finally once the giardia was cleared up I continued him on the Probiotics. There is alot of good information on the Web regarding probiotics for dogs. I think they're good for people
and they're good for dogs !

Poppy

Dec 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Poppy, Bunk
Yes they are good. They boost the immune system and are sometimes helpful with gas. There are many other benefits but those two were my main reasons for feeding it. I feed Fortiflora (Purina) but just ordered probiotics from Dr. Mercola (google her, not sure I'm allowed to post links).

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
annie has had to have a short course of antibiotics much to my sadness!!!,i hate antibiotics but she was coming out of season and develpoed a small infection ,did not want to risk pyo ,shes finished them now so ive started acidophilus for 2 weeks ,human grade from the health shop ,excellent for immune system and can be given regularly,karen

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.