Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pet Insurance yes or no?

Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Kain
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Pet Insurance yes or no?

I agree with Karen. We had Trupanion. Just cancelled. I find insurance companies to be crooks. We just put away money in an account in case anything should come up with Guinness. But that is not an option for everyone, so for others insurance is the way to go. It is all an individual thing. No way is right or wrong. It's what works best for you.

@Vince00 - The actual true name is the breed IS Bulldog though, not English Bulldog. That is really an untrue name that seems to have stuck with our breed of choice. So I would see if you can't get that changed if you can save $30 a month! That's a lot of money. No dishonesty as Kain is in fact a Bulldog
    @Vince00 - The actual true name is the breed IS Bulldog though, not English Bulldog. That is really an untrue name that seems to have stuck with our breed of choice. So I would see if you can't get that changed if you can save $30 a month! That's a lot of money. No dishonesty as Kain is in fact a Bulldog

I was on the AKC site last night and their isn't an option for English Bulldog as a breed, only bulldog, so you might be able to get them to change it save you some $.
    Thanks guys, I called my Vet and confirmed it is Bulldog as well, and changed it with Trupanion to Bulldog as well. Not sure why they have the term and confusion like that.

Pet Sitter Become a 4 Paw Member BrooklynStar's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

They are all crooks to a degree. They prob do it to prey on the unsuspecting consumer in order to milk more money out of them.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Turi
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by AndyDamon View Post
    Anyone use VPI? They didn't want to cover my bully's entropion bec. it was pre existing. Right now I pay everything out of pocket. Anyone use vet discount services? Like United Pet Care or Pet Assure?
    I used to. They are awful - my vet stopped endorsing them because the pretty much cover nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You can close your eyes to things you don't want to see,
    but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel.

Live Genuinely

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

I got Trupanion for both. Bo has a higher deductible than Bea simply because he's more athletic and I expect he'll have fewer issues - which has been true so far. I've never had to use it --- THANK GOD -- but I'm ready when there's an emergency!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Sumo
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Vince00 View Post
    I was wondering why everyone's is so much lower, mine is 80 and thought it was because of Canada. What do they treat difference for bulldog vrs English bulldog? I'm probably screwed to change now right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Mine is also SO expensive on trupanion. I pay over 100 dollars a month because i have the hip dysplasia in there as well. Did you try and change yours at all? Please let me know!!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Kain
    Likes (Received)

Yep I changed it to Plain bulldog no problem at all, they just want an honest selection of the breed. Looks like my breeder is having rumors of puppy mill, none purebreads etc etc and not providing papers as promised so I truly don't know the full breed so he is a bulldog.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Kain
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SUMOPUP View Post
    Mine is also SO expensive on trupanion. I pay over 100 dollars a month because i have the hip dysplasia in there as well. Did you try and change yours at all? Please let me know!!
    I also confirmed the vet had him only as bulldog so there is no contradiction when I submit a bill.

Real Name
    Frank
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bongo
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Twice View Post
    I signed up for Trupanion the day after we got Abby. I chose a $50 deductible and the optional optional benefits package. It cost's me $55 a month ($0 deductible would be $63/mo).

3 weeks later she was diagnosed with bi-lateral juvenile renal dyslpasia (kidney failure). Her medical bills are ridiculous and, after the cost of the visit and my 50 bucks, I get 90% of it back. It also covers 50% of prescription food and renal supplies (ringers, tubing, needles etc) I get away from the vets office.

edit...
    If you do choose to get insurance with Trupanion, make sure you select plain bulldog for the breed. If you put English Bulldog the premium is $30 more.
    Can you do that only check bulldog won't that effect you if they find out its an English bulldog? Couldn't they deny your claim?
    Thanks,
    Frank & Bongo

My Bully Gave Me Wings Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Bev
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fbjdd View Post
    Can you do that only check bulldog won't that effect you if they find out its an English bulldog? Couldn't they deny your claim?
    There is no difference between English Bulldog and Bulldog. If you read the description on their own website it says they are the same (dog breed guide)

"The Bulldog, also known as the English Bulldog, originated in England and dates back to the 13th century. They were originally used for bull baiting, a sport in which bulldogs fought bulls. When bull baiting was outlawed in 1835, they bred the ferocity out of Bulldogs while maintaining the physical stature to create a friendly and loving pet. Bulldogs are mellow, easygoing, and easy to train. They are comical and amiable, and generally get along with other pets. Bulldogs require little exercise, only short walks in cool weather, as they tend to overheat easily. This makes them great apartment dogs and family pets. Grooming a Bulldog requires cleaning tail folds and facial wrinkles daily."

LOL here's a kick in the pants. I clicked on E to copy the description for English Bulldog and it isn't there anymore

Call them today. Save yourself some money.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -jpg   -jpg  

Bulldog(s) Names
    diesel
    Likes (Received)

I just purchased my puppy, he is 6 months old, what are some common issues with the English Bulldog healthwise

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ksanders04 View Post
    I just purchased my puppy, he is 6 months old, what are some common issues with the English Bulldog healthwise
    Oh my...well there's allergies, cherry eye, hips, palette, hives, but probably the best thing you can do is get your pup on a good food! That sounds easier than it is because there is no perfect food for all Bully's. If you need help..ask @cowsmom. She's our food Queen and can save you lots of

Welcome..by the way! Not sure if I've had a proper

Bulldog(s) Names
    Sumo
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=Vince00;185581]Yep I changed it to Plain bulldog no problem at all, they just want an honest selection of the breed. Looks like my breeder is having rumors of puppy mill, none purebreads etc etc and not providing papers as promised so I truly don't know the full breed so he is a bulldog.

So i phone Trupanion yesterday and asked them about it. They said they would have to have proof that she for sure isnt a pure bread. I for sure was never given any papers. They said my vet would need to give them a letter. but my vet thinks she looks like apurebread? so im not sure if i should even attempt this now

I definitely think she could be a purebread, but if theres a chance shes not (since i dont have papers) then why shhould i have to spend 30 more a month on her insurance? I feel like they're trying to scam me and give me a tough time here

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads