Recommend a good Vet in Washington DC

ccurran

Apr 17, 2012
Washington, D.C.
Bulldog(s) Names
Seamus
Hi all, can anybody recommend a good vet in the Washington DC area that specializes in English Bulldogs? We want to find a vet before we pick up our bully and make sure we have someone who is specialized with bullies. Thanks!

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
If you go to the forum section titled "Your Bulldogs Health" there is a thread with veteranarian reccomendations. In that thread there is a link to a page with lots of vets that EBN members reccomend. Good luck with your new bully! :)

OP
ccurran

ccurran

Apr 17, 2012
Washington, D.C.
Bulldog(s) Names
Seamus
Hi thanks for the advice! I have looked there but there is nothing listed for the Washington DC area. The only place listed in Virginia is Richmond, which is too far away for us. I am hoping somebody could recommend somebody close in the Washington DC area! Thanks!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Here are some suggestions, call your local rescues to find out who they would recommend, then call several vets in your area and ask how many bulldog patients they have. Also ask if they know anyone who is exceptional in the breed. Ask if you can interview the vet and drill them for their bully knowledge. If you find one, please recommend them here :)

decimus

Apr 11, 2013
Washington, D.C.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rukus
We have been going to the DuPont Vet and they seem okay in general but not especially aware of bulldog issues so we are still shopping around for our go to Vet

OP
ccurran

ccurran

Apr 17, 2012
Washington, D.C.
Bulldog(s) Names
Seamus
Hi! Just FYI we got our puppy a year ago this July and have been going to Cherrydale Vet out in Arlington. Dr. House is great with bulldogs and has been wonderful. Also Union Vet over on Capitol Hill is pretty good I heard.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.