help with some info about puppy

xskyzx

Mar 7, 2012
houston,TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Major
i been looking around the forum, there's a lot of good infos but some how i cant find the exact answers for my problems. so if you guys can help, ill appreciate it..:D

his visit to the vet from yesterday :)
vet.jpg

Major is 11 wks now. Im feeding him canidae for all life stage. good food no complains (no farts small, dark firm poop, and doesn't stink as bad) but i do see he have a lil tear stains. Im not sure its because of the food or the high grass pollen we have it here in Houston, TX. I bought Fromm for puppy food( like ppl recommended on here but not sure i should switch it now and wait till i almost finished the canidae(44lbs bag).

2nd problem is, i started giving him yogurts (half teaspoon) everyday with his food. but i do i see the poop is more yellow and lil softer than when i feed him with no yogurts. should i keep feeding him or is it to early to do it?

3rd i see alot of people recommended witched hazel but i dont know which one to get. alcohol free or the one with 14% alcohol?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00016XJ4M/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=A2TEADBMFV252D.

i feed him as recommended (1-1.5 cup) on the bag but when i put more in he keep eating, like almost half a cup then hes full . should i feed him more than recommended?

thats all i can think of as of right now , if theres more ill ask on here...THANK guys....:D:yes::yes:

Last edited:

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
As far as the food Canidie ...Fromm is much better so thats a good start. I would do the switch while you have the Canadie b/c you have to do a slow transistion to avoid upsetting his stomach. Mix old food with need food to introduce should take 2-3 weeks depending how it goes..The first thing to a healthy bulllie is a good food.

The tear stains could be enviroemntal allllergies or it could be from the ingredients in the food. I havent used witch hazel as we havent needed to so I am not sure about that!When I started the yogurt with Brutus his :poo: was soft for a coupe days but he then got used to it...If its not firmer within 2-3 days cut back. It could be causing runny :poo:

I feed Brutus 10months Fromm Beef Frittata and it says 3-4 cups a day ...I give him 1 1/2 am 1 1/2 pm 1 egg in the morning yogurt at pm and Fromm treats/veggies/fruit he is very active and has a slim waist! A puppy needs more as they are growing and burn alot faster. Hope this helps and there will be more advice coming!

He is a cutie

LucysMom

Community Veteran
Feb 8, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy(RIP) and Gizmo
Ok, I have NOOOOOO expertise to share, but did have to say what a BEAUTIFUL bulldog that is. Oh my goodness, how do you ever even go to work????? Have you tried duoxo wipes? We used them on our bullies skin folds, tail pocket, between toes etc. Worked great. Can get them for a good price on Amazon, much cheaper than the vet charged

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Ok, I have NOOOOOO expertise to share, but did have to say what a BEAUTIFUL bulldog that is. Oh my goodness, how do you ever even go to work????? Have you tried duoxo wipes? We used them on our bullies skin folds, tail pocket, between toes etc. Worked great. Can get them for a good price on Amazon, much cheaper than the vet charged

[MENTION=2099]LucysMum[/MENTION] is right. What a sweet angel boy. Maloket wipes from Amazon.com work great for a lot of folks. These dogs here think it's Satan in a tub but whatever. They work so BUCK UP BULLIES!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.