Sores on Lady Parts

rainyruth

Feb 8, 2012
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Nigel and Talulah
I clean Talulah's cootchie with 50/50 distilled white vinegar and water. Last night I noticed she is getting some red sores in and around the area, so I treated them with some dermalog ointment. Today she has even more sores,should I keep using the Dermalog a little longer to see if it clears up or can someone recommend something that works better? Thanks! :)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
im wondering if its to much cleaning and maybe its to strong to be used on that place. im wondering if some drying would be in order. do you have some powder. maybe just powder it and dry it out and cut out other things for now. see how it looks later on.

OP
rainyruth

rainyruth

Feb 8, 2012
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Nigel and Talulah
im wondering if its to much cleaning and maybe its to strong to be used on that place. im wondering if some drying would be in order. do you have some powder. maybe just powder it and dry it out and cut out other things for now. see how it looks later on.

Ok, that makes good sense thank you! I have some "Anti Monkey Butt" powder I'll try that! :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
50/50 is probably too acidic, use a 25/75 ratio when using vinegar for cleaning. especially if using often.

If the sores don't heal up I would get her to the vet just in case, you don't want infection in there. Perhaps wipe her with anti bacterial hand wipes like "wet ones" for daily maintainence, and once a week do the malecetic type wipes or solution.

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
Tubs has a similar situation. Last year he had bumps, red sores all over his belly, inner thigh and groin area. I took him to the vet and she put him on an antibiotic and it cleared it right up. He keeps getting them in the inner thigh and groin area still, but only a couple at a time. I noticed that when I give him a bath and dry him up real well they clear up. Now yesterday was our hottest day yet (90 degrees) and I noticed he had more. I cleaned him up real well and applied animax ointment. The vet mentioned to me that since it is just in his groin and thigh area that it could be that it is a moist, hot area. You do have to watch that they don't end up with a bacterial infection. So I would agree to keep the area clean and DRY! Hope that helps!

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
get some colloidal silver ,buy from the internet its remarkable stuff,annie had a massive pimple on her cheek ,so out with the silver,using a cotton bud drenched in the silver i dab it 3 daily by the second day the pimple had gone,i use it in her eyes,eyes,any open sores ,mouth ,anywhere on her body,we even use it,honestly it works wonders,karen

C

Cooper11

get some colloidal silver ,buy from the internet its remarkable stuff,annie had a massive pimple on her cheek ,so out with the silver,using a cotton bud drenched in the silver i dab it 3 daily by the second day the pimple had gone,i use it in her eyes,eyes,any open sores ,mouth ,anywhere on her body,we even use it,honestly it works wonders,karen
[MENTION=3872]Watson[/MENTION] [MENTION=4246]ChanelnBrutus[/MENTION] didn't know if you saw her comment and if either of you had tried this stuff for Bru and Watson

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
[MENTION=4292]Cooper11[/MENTION] We got some animax from the vet to use for his chin! Since the food switch to Fromm its gotten so much better and its just about gone!!!

C

Cooper11

@Cooper11 We got some animax from the vet to use for his chin! Since the food switch to Fromm its gotten so much better and its just about gone!!!

YAY!! That animax works wonders!!!!! It took Coops red spot on his back away over night!! Maybe Vihn should try that...did you tell him thats what you have used...looking at the bully fest pics Bru looked perfect!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.