Throwing up while sleeping?

EyeLoveOurBully

Apr 25, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Worf
Our puppy has done this as well, about 8 times. He is always asleep, and his entire meal comes out almost whole/undigested. We feed him around 7:30 am, and it happens during his 1-3pm nap (he eats again at 6pm) and it happened once at midnight. He doesn't snore or anything, but he will suddenly projectile vomit his whole meal and wake himself up. It is very alarming and we are very worried about him aspirating food into his lungs. Also, it is weird that his food is still undigested... The vet said it is either an allergy and he isn't digesting, acid reflux, or megaesophagus, or all of the above. Pepcid helps, and we are in the process of switching his food to a grain-free fish & potato, instead of a chicken and grain food. We still can't figure out how to prevent it, only how to soothe his throat with Pepcid after the fact.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Our puppy has done this as well, about 8 times. He is always asleep, and his entire meal comes out almost whole/undigested. We feed him around 7:30 am, and it happens during his 1-3pm nap (he eats again at 6pm) and it happened once at midnight. He doesn't snore or anything, but he will suddenly projectile vomit his whole meal and wake himself up. It is very alarming and we are very worried about him aspirating food into his lungs. Also, it is weird that his food is still undigested... The vet said it is either an allergy and he isn't digesting, acid reflux, or megaesophagus, or all of the above. Pepcid helps, and we are in the process of switching his food to a grain-free fish & potato, instead of a chicken and grain food. We still can't figure out how to prevent it, only how to soothe his throat with Pepcid after the fact.

Allergy was my guess too.... Nitschke did this and it turned out he was allergic to rice. removed rice from his diet and it stopped

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.