Throwing up while sleeping?

BrooklynStar

Feb 21, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Hey all,

So at night when Dozer is sleeping it sounds like he is drinking and licking at "something"...now mind you hes out cold and this is the only noise hes making...it sounds liquidy but im not sure if it just his salivia or hes wetting his tounge because he sleeps with his tounge sticking out of his mouth....one time a while back when he was sick he made the same noise and threw up...is it possible hes vomiting in his sleep and swallowing it? Does any one elses bully make this kind of noise? Or am I freaking out?

Last edited:

Poppy

Dec 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Poppy, Bunk
Keep an eye out and next time he does this try to check his mouth for traces of vomit. It should be pretty obvious and stink if he is. I've never seen a dog throw up without the wretching beforehand, don't even know if it's possible!

My dogs make pretty strange sounds while they're sleeping. Not a drinking sound but a sucking noise sometimes.

OP
BrooklynStar

BrooklynStar

Feb 21, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Its sounds as if some one made a mess of their face when eating ice cream and are now proceeding to lick all the remains around the lips and stuff...although hes not licking the noise is pretty much identical...tonight when hes sleeping ill check...thanks again

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Could me acid reflux maybe? There is no heaving with that. When Cutty had it, it was projectile and his food came out mostly whole, and almost always at night when sleeping in bed of course. Good times! Thank gawd we fixed that problem. I def would pay attention tho to make sure there is no choking. Cutty always woke up before blessing us with his gift.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Bea had tummy troubles for a time and Dr. Terry suggested giving her a Pepcid. Now it's another thing I just keep on hand in the Bully Basket(s). It really helped Bea. She had been periodically barfing yellow goo before breakfast. She hasn't done it in a long time now so it must have been just a passing thing.

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
I think I've heard that sound before....it's wet and licking... Schultz does it occasionally in his sleep...I never really worried about it.....I usually reposition him when he's making noise ....I think he's dreaming of eating and salivating in his dreams....lol

rachelle557

May 21, 2014
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
Oscar
Could me acid reflux maybe? There is no heaving with that. When Cutty had it, it was projectile and his food came out mostly whole, and almost always at night when sleeping in bed of course. Good times! Thank gawd we fixed that problem. I def would pay attention tho to make sure there is no choking. Cutty always woke up before blessing us with his gift.

I know this was two years ago but I was wondering how did you fix this problem. My Bulldog has woken up vomiting food in his sleep. He's only 6 months old and weighs 19.5 Kg, if that helps.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I know this was two years ago but I was wondering how did you fix this problem. My Bulldog has woken up vomiting food in his sleep. He's only 6 months old and weighs 19.5 Kg, if that helps.

Is the throw up clear liquid only or is there food in it?

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
No it was when he was asleep, he woke up vomiting his food. It was very alarming

That is scary! Have you talked to the doctor about it? It almost sounds like he was eating a little to much food.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
No it was when he was asleep, he woke up vomiting his food. It was very alarming

Is this something that just started recently? I would be concerned of a possible obstruction if he didn't over eat. Was it just once or does it happen a lot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bbesler24

May 5, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Biscuit
My Biscuit threw up a few days ago and again last night. I'm worried sick about it...going to the vet today to get his 12weeks shots. I was going to talk to her about it. I'll post what she says. Hopefully nothing serious. This is my first bully and done tons of research but haven't seen this.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.