Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Throwing up while sleeping?

Quote Originally Posted by rachelle557 View Post
    No it was when he was asleep, he woke up vomiting his food. It was very alarming
    That is scary! Have you talked to the doctor about it? It almost sounds like he was eating a little to much food.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rachelle557 View Post
    No it was when he was asleep, he woke up vomiting his food. It was very alarming
    Is this something that just started recently? I would be concerned of a possible obstruction if he didn't over eat. Was it just once or does it happen a lot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Biscuit
    Likes (Received)

My Biscuit threw up a few days ago and again last night. I'm worried sick about it...going to the vet today to get his 12weeks shots. I was going to talk to her about it. I'll post what she says. Hopefully nothing serious. This is my first bully and done tons of research but haven't seen this.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Worf
    Likes (Received)

Our puppy has done this as well, about 8 times. He is always asleep, and his entire meal comes out almost whole/undigested. We feed him around 7:30 am, and it happens during his 1-3pm nap (he eats again at 6pm) and it happened once at midnight. He doesn't snore or anything, but he will suddenly projectile vomit his whole meal and wake himself up. It is very alarming and we are very worried about him aspirating food into his lungs. Also, it is weird that his food is still undigested... The vet said it is either an allergy and he isn't digesting, acid reflux, or megaesophagus, or all of the above. Pepcid helps, and we are in the process of switching his food to a grain-free fish & potato, instead of a chicken and grain food. We still can't figure out how to prevent it, only how to soothe his throat with Pepcid after the fact.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeLoveOurBully View Post
    Our puppy has done this as well, about 8 times. He is always asleep, and his entire meal comes out almost whole/undigested. We feed him around 7:30 am, and it happens during his 1-3pm nap (he eats again at 6pm) and it happened once at midnight. He doesn't snore or anything, but he will suddenly projectile vomit his whole meal and wake himself up. It is very alarming and we are very worried about him aspirating food into his lungs. Also, it is weird that his food is still undigested... The vet said it is either an allergy and he isn't digesting, acid reflux, or megaesophagus, or all of the above. Pepcid helps, and we are in the process of switching his food to a grain-free fish & potato, instead of a chicken and grain food. We still can't figure out how to prevent it, only how to soothe his throat with Pepcid after the fact.
    Allergy was my guess too.... Nitschke did this and it turned out he was allergic to rice. removed rice from his diet and it stopped
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads