Red Bumps?? :(

OP
Lauren31287

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Thank you! I may try the Zyrtec would it be just 1 a day for that?? We have been considering the allergy testing and have spoken to the vet about it so it may be something we have to look into further now! I just want his face to be nice and white again!! :D

C

Cooper11

Thank you! I may try the Zyrtec would it be just 1 a day for that?? We have been considering the allergy testing and have spoken to the vet about it so it may be something we have to look into further now! I just want his face to be nice and white again!! :D

Yes 1 zyrtec :)

OP
Lauren31287

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Thank you, I am going to try that! Is there any kind of homemade food I can make for him for a few days if the Zyrtec doesnt work to see if it could be his food??? So I know exactly what's going into it?

Last edited:
C

Cooper11

Thank you, I am going to try that! Is there any kind of homemade food I can make for him for a few days if the Zyrtec doesnt work to see if it could be his food??? So I know exactly what's going into it?

I tagged you in some post that have pics of coopers red face.... His after pics you can see a little pink on his still....but when he gets up in the morning he is so white and his tears stains are gone and you can see how bad they were in those pics..... He has environmental allergies also so when you goes outside he gets a little pink and usually is pink by later on the night but not that noticeable.... I am waiting for my allergy test to see what it is that he is allergic to outside and then hopefully we won't even have the slight pink face when he goes outside.

As for home made food..... Cooper had a problem with throwing up and it went on for a month before I figured out it was Grain that was making him sick... He looked horrible....his face would get so so red... So some one recommended I give him veggies. So I would boil a big thing of veggies such as carrots, grean beans, sweet potatoes, peas, red pepper, green peppers and more... I would mush them all together and he would eat it and loved it.. His face started getting better right away when I did the veggies and the stayed when I finally got my fromm..... SO now he is just in the fromm but I make his veggies here in there for a treat... he loves them so much!!!

As for treats he gets cucumbers, pieces of apple, frozen green beans, piece of red pepper or green.... He loves them even raw and so does my other dog. A lot of people on here will recommend veggies and fruits for treats instead of actual dog treat. Veggies and fruits are so much more healthy for them and lower in fat and calories.

OP
Lauren31287

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
I saw the pictures, thank you for tagging me in those he looks great now!! I may have to try the veggie diet without the carrots! I do know that we were giving him chicken and rice for a few days and his face did look alot better! hmmm i just have no idea at this point what he could be allergic too in the limited ingredient food! I just want him to get better!

C

Cooper11

I saw the pictures, thank you for tagging me in those he looks great now!! I may have to try the veggie diet without the carrots! I do know that we were giving him chicken and rice for a few days and his face did look alot better! hmmm i just have no idea at this point what he could be allergic too in the limited ingredient food! I just want him to get better!

I have been there... I totally get it. The red face really bothered me too!!! And I was overly excited when i found what food worked for him and cleared his face up. it took me over a month to figure out what worked for him. I was doing the bland when he started throwing up chicken and rice or beef and rife but he was throwiing that up too and he was on the canned prescription dog food from the vet and that was making him throw up and very bad red face.... Thats how I figured it out.....when I went to the veggies! Because the rice and the canned food and also his kibble he had been on since we brought him home all had grain in them. It is crazy cause he was good for 6 months and then all the sudden the grain allergy showed up! SO frustrating

OP
Lauren31287

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
it is frustrating! thanks so much for sharing all of this with me! Hopefully something works so I can be jumping for joy! :D

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.