Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 13 to 22 of 22

Thread: Red Bumps?? :(

  1. #13
    Cooper11
    Guest

    Default Re: Red Bumps?? :(

    Cooper hasn't really had the acne yet.....knock on wood I hope he skips that....we have enough of all the other problems so help me god no acne!!! Anyway I would say defiantly allergies for the face being so red. I can see he is red on the chin, around the mouth, by the nose, and under his eyes.... Cooper had basically the same redness on his face plus on his forehead. Right now I am battling allergies and who knows what else with Cooper. I have switch to the 4 Star Fromm Beef Fritatta and had him on veggies before that because of tummy issues....between the veggies and the Fromm my Coopers face look so good and so white!!! He will still get the pink in his face from time to time but I know he has environmental allergies....I am waiting for his allergy test results. But as I look at pics of his a month ago and then look at him today I am amazed out how such a simple just changing his food could help his face clear up... Also with the acne...Are you using stainless steal bowls???

    How old is he?

    And yes he could develop an allergy all the sudden... Cooper was on the same food from 8 weeks til 6 months and then all the sudden he started throwing up. After a month i think I figured it out myself that he was allergic to grain. Since the switch to the grain free fromm no more throwing up either! SO yes allergies and yeast infections and so on can pop up out of nowhere! Good Luck!!!

  2. #14
    Bulldog Vet in Training Lauren31287's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    1,004
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)
    8

    Default Re: Red Bumps?? :(

    Thanks everyone! I may try the Zyrtec I just wasn't sure if he could take it and how much! I use stainless steel bowls and I wash his water bowl out once a day also. I will try the neosporin too, I will try anything at this point! Winston is 11 months old, so he is still a baby! I will have to keep an eye on it too because he doesn't seem sick from the food but if for some reason it doesn't clear up we will try another slow food switch. The problem is finding another food without carrots!! Thanks for your help everyone, I will keep you posted!!

  3. #15
    Cooper11
    Guest

    Default Re: Red Bumps?? :(

    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren31287 View Post
    Thanks everyone! I may try the Zyrtec I just wasn't sure if he could take it and how much! I use stainless steel bowls and I wash his water bowl out once a day also. I will try the neosporin too, I will try anything at this point! Winston is 11 months old, so he is still a baby! I will have to keep an eye on it too because he doesn't seem sick from the food but if for some reason it doesn't clear up we will try another slow food switch. The problem is finding another food without carrots!! Thanks for your help everyone, I will keep you posted!!
    @cowsmom can probably help you on finding a food with no carrots...... I also give Coop Zrytec And you may want to consider an allergy test if you haven't done so already......The say its best to wait until they are a year old to have it done. I just had Coopers done and he is 8 months but he is having some major allergy problems so it was recommended I do one now. But then you will know what he is allergic to and might help the acne and the redness in his face I am going to try to put before and after pics of Cooper up to show you how amazing they can look after you find the right food!

  4. #16
    Bulldog Vet in Training Lauren31287's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    1,004
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)
    8

    Default Re: Red Bumps?? :(

    Thank you! I may try the Zyrtec would it be just 1 a day for that?? We have been considering the allergy testing and have spoken to the vet about it so it may be something we have to look into further now! I just want his face to be nice and white again!!

  5. #17
    Cooper11
    Guest

    Default Re: Red Bumps?? :(

    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren31287 View Post
    Thank you! I may try the Zyrtec would it be just 1 a day for that?? We have been considering the allergy testing and have spoken to the vet about it so it may be something we have to look into further now! I just want his face to be nice and white again!!
    Yes 1 zyrtec

  6. #18
    Bulldog Vet in Training Lauren31287's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    1,004
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)
    8

    Default Re: Red Bumps?? :(

    Thank you, I am going to try that! Is there any kind of homemade food I can make for him for a few days if the Zyrtec doesnt work to see if it could be his food??? So I know exactly what's going into it?
    Last edited by Lauren31287; 04-16-2012 at 10:23 AM.

  7. #19
    Cooper11
    Guest

    Default Re: Red Bumps?? :(

    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren31287 View Post
    Thank you, I am going to try that! Is there any kind of homemade food I can make for him for a few days if the Zyrtec doesnt work to see if it could be his food??? So I know exactly what's going into it?
    I tagged you in some post that have pics of coopers red face.... His after pics you can see a little pink on his still....but when he gets up in the morning he is so white and his tears stains are gone and you can see how bad they were in those pics..... He has environmental allergies also so when you goes outside he gets a little pink and usually is pink by later on the night but not that noticeable.... I am waiting for my allergy test to see what it is that he is allergic to outside and then hopefully we won't even have the slight pink face when he goes outside.


    As for home made food..... Cooper had a problem with throwing up and it went on for a month before I figured out it was Grain that was making him sick... He looked horrible....his face would get so so red... So some one recommended I give him veggies. So I would boil a big thing of veggies such as carrots, grean beans, sweet potatoes, peas, red pepper, green peppers and more... I would mush them all together and he would eat it and loved it.. His face started getting better right away when I did the veggies and the stayed when I finally got my fromm..... SO now he is just in the fromm but I make his veggies here in there for a treat... he loves them so much!!!

    As for treats he gets cucumbers, pieces of apple, frozen green beans, piece of red pepper or green.... He loves them even raw and so does my other dog. A lot of people on here will recommend veggies and fruits for treats instead of actual dog treat. Veggies and fruits are so much more healthy for them and lower in fat and calories.

  8. #20
    Bulldog Vet in Training Lauren31287's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    1,004
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)
    8

    Default Re: Red Bumps?? :(

    I saw the pictures, thank you for tagging me in those he looks great now!! I may have to try the veggie diet without the carrots! I do know that we were giving him chicken and rice for a few days and his face did look alot better! hmmm i just have no idea at this point what he could be allergic too in the limited ingredient food! I just want him to get better!

  9. #21
    Cooper11
    Guest

    Default Re: Red Bumps?? :(

    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren31287 View Post
    I saw the pictures, thank you for tagging me in those he looks great now!! I may have to try the veggie diet without the carrots! I do know that we were giving him chicken and rice for a few days and his face did look alot better! hmmm i just have no idea at this point what he could be allergic too in the limited ingredient food! I just want him to get better!
    I have been there... I totally get it. The red face really bothered me too!!! And I was overly excited when i found what food worked for him and cleared his face up. it took me over a month to figure out what worked for him. I was doing the bland when he started throwing up chicken and rice or beef and rife but he was throwiing that up too and he was on the canned prescription dog food from the vet and that was making him throw up and very bad red face.... Thats how I figured it out.....when I went to the veggies! Because the rice and the canned food and also his kibble he had been on since we brought him home all had grain in them. It is crazy cause he was good for 6 months and then all the sudden the grain allergy showed up! SO frustrating

  10. #22
    Bulldog Vet in Training Lauren31287's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    1,004
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)
    8

    Default Re: Red Bumps?? :(

    it is frustrating! thanks so much for sharing all of this with me! Hopefully something works so I can be jumping for joy!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •