RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Usko suddenly yesterday came up to me and was really slow and seemed to be in pain. I of course just nearly panicked, but started checking him. Every muscle in his body seems to tight and hard. It's difficult for him to lay down or even walk. He is not really eating or drinking, so we've forced some down and some Rimadyl. He is looking out the window at the moment and seems alert. Has any of you ever seen anything like this? We're taking him to the vet today, but I'm really worried.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Oh no! I hope it's nothing serious. I have a brother who has epilepsy and his body clenches like that when he has a seizure.

OP
RiiSi

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
The vet diagnosed it as inflamed prostate. Said it can be very painful. Gave him a shot of antibiotics and some pain killers. We'll see for a few days, if he doesn't get better well take an ultrasound. I'm a bit relieved, but it just tears me to see him in pain.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh my i will be looking for updates on this. i hope he feels better soon.

OP
RiiSi

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
We just got him home and he is breathing really heavy. The Temgesic he got for the pain has difficulty breathing mentioned as a side effect and I don't know if I should take him back to the vet or wait for him to calm down.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I hope Usko has calmed down now that he's home and is now sleeping after his doctor adventure. I don't know a thing about dog pain meds so hopefully someone else with more experience here will chime in.

I didn't know dogs could have prostrate trouble.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We just got him home and he is breathing really heavy. The Temgesic he got for the pain has difficulty breathing mentioned as a side effect and I don't know if I should take him back to the vet or wait for him to calm down.

I would call the vet... bullies have enough issues with breathing and I would not chance it. They should give you something without that as a side effect --- maybe, Tramadol

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I would call the vet... bullies have enough issues with breathing and I would not chance it. They should give you something without that as a side effect --- maybe, Tramadol

I agree! WHen Brutus needed pain meds we used Tramadol and there was no side effects..Everyone is different...Hoping all goes welll

OP
RiiSi

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Usko calmed down after two hours and is sleeping now. I called the vet and she said that he is probably just so spaced out and seeing little green men and that makes him breathe heavy. Anyway if any pain killers are needed I insist on something else. I so hope that the diagnose was right and he is on the way getting better.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Oh glad to hear he got medicine for the pain. Inflamed prostate? Wow there's no way anyone could of guessed that one. Glad he's getting some sleep and I hope you get to relax too!

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Oh poor Usko - that sounds painful. :( chunk had something going on with his prostate being inflamed; luckily for us, we neutered him and that solved the problem. He never had pain though! Doc found it during a routine exam. Warm thoughts to Usko on a quick and painless recovery!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Hope tomorrow is a better day for the handsome fella. Great thinking taking him to the vet.

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
Wishing Usko a speedy recovery..... It's terrible to see them in pain.....please post an update with his progress.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
So how is Usco feeling now? Has the vet recommended neutering to help prevent reoccurrence?

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.