Ticks

jen74401

Feb 18, 2012
Oklahoma
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Beefy
This is just more of a warning to watch out for ticks. I just found one on Beefy on his little beefy. Be sure to check your babies.:scared:

C

Cooper11

Yes I just watched the news about this...they had a veterinarian on there and everything. Saying this is one of the worst years for ticks. There have been so many pet getting ticks in the last couple of month! This is due to the awesome weather we all got to enjoy this winter

You can also get frontline that is for fleas and ticks... might not be a bad idea this year! :) Great Thread!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
my boys get frontline and i spray the yard every year every couple of months. i hate using that stuff but if i dont these dogs would be tick filled as we live with woods around us. so i do it. i dont put anything on sarah anymore as spraying the yard usually takes care of any problems she might have had. if she gets fleas i will use frontline on her as i do with the boys.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
We dont have a lot of wood or ever had a problem with tics....We have always used Advantix on Brutus and Chanel 1x a month along with their heartworm pills. I belive if you use the Advantix/Frontline you dont have to worry as it repels

rainyruth

Feb 8, 2012
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Nigel and Talulah
Yepper, pulled three ticks off Nigel's ears last week so I gave Frontlined them. Ticks seem to be thick here in Nebraska from April to July. :/

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
There's many more monthly topical's to apply for ticks and fleas, I picked up a product today at Walmart. We never had to use anything like that but it's never been a year like this one in the N east. the product i bought is called Adams. Three applications for 15.00 then the applicator was 8.00 with a month supply. So that's like 23.00 per dog for the summer. Not too shabby seeing I got 5 critters to treat.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Please be careful with the ticks. They can cause kidney disease if untreated.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OP
jen74401

jen74401

Feb 18, 2012
Oklahoma
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Beefy
We use Frontline but still get an occasional tick here and there. More so on my GS I think due to her hair. This is Oklahoma, no avoiding ticks and chiggers. We treat out yard and use Frontline religiously around here.

Speaking of chiggers, I'll tell ya'll something funny. This is something I'll tell all of my son's girlfriends about when he gets older. He was 6 yrs old, he's 8 now, and he had played outside and got a few chigger bites in a rather private area. The best I have found to stop the itch is to use fingernail polish. I looked all over and the only polish I could find was blue. He thought having that blue polish down there was the funniest thing ever. He went to his grandma's house that evening and said "Look Mama, I have blue balls!"

rainyruth

Feb 8, 2012
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Nigel and Talulah
We use Frontline but still get an occasional tick here and there. More so on my GS I think due to her hair. This is Oklahoma, no avoiding ticks and chiggers. We treat out yard and use Frontline religiously around here.

Speaking of chiggers, I'll tell ya'll something funny. This is something I'll tell all of my son's girlfriends about when he gets older. He was 6 yrs old, he's 8 now, and he had played outside and got a few chigger bites in a rather private area. The best I have found to stop the itch is to use fingernail polish. I looked all over and the only polish I could find was blue. He thought having that blue polish down there was the funniest thing ever. He went to his grandma's house that evening and said "Look Mama, I have blue balls!"

Lol, little kids tell it like it is that's for sure! Chiggers are the worst, and havin them " down there" would be horrible!!

HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)

Im in NWA and have had the darndest time finding stuff to spray the yards with what do you use?

~Heather~

OP
jen74401

jen74401

Feb 18, 2012
Oklahoma
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Beefy
Im in NWA and have had the darndest time finding stuff to spray the yards with what do you use?

~Heather~

We use Ortho Bug B Gone in granules. We use a seed spreader to get it everywhere then use a water hose on the yard. I dont let the dogs out on it though until the next day. So for me it works out best to do the front yard one day and then do the back the next day.

HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
We use Ortho Bug B Gone in granules. We use a seed spreader to get it everywhere then use a water hose on the yard. I dont let the dogs out on it though until the next day. So for me it works out best to do the front yard one day and then do the back the next day.

Thank you :D

~Heather~

Members online

No members online now.