Weird bump on 8 month old bully HELP

nmejia024

Jan 13, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
King
Hi all, my 8 month old bully has a strange bump on the side of his face. He's had it for sometime but i never thought it would be anything serious. I now have noticed that it has gotten bigger. It's pink and kind of remind me of a huge pimple. Should i be worried? what could this be? He only has one. Thanks!! photo.JPGphoto copy.jpg

buffalobabie

Apr 11, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Bulldog(s) Names
Gregory
it could be a wart. id take him to the vet to be sure, my bully gregory has one now and they just put him on vitamins and said it will dry up and fall off on its own.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yikes! I am not sure, I would take him to be seen. Does it bother him?

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Ive never seen anything like that before! I would have the vet check him out!

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
does he scratch it?is it wet?,if so it could be irritation from something,clean it with hibbiscrub and apply nappy rash cream or colloidal silver ,i use either of these if needed ,both are great for healing,if its not itchy/wet ,then a trip to the vet is needed,karen

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
I don't know if I can be of much help, but...
I found a round lump on Rook's neck about a month ago, about the size of a dime. It wasn't quite as red the one on your bully looks in the picture.
The vet was certain it was ringworm, so we started treating it as that - but the ringworm test just came back negative so we still don't know what it is.
It's going away on it's own though, the lump is almost completely gone now so I don't know if we'll ever figure it out.
I would definitely have your vet check it out. Better to be safe than sorry.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I'd get to the vet for it to be checked... since it is a lump I'm not sure what it is. if it were flat, moist and puss -- it would be a hotspot, but I would go to the vet.

OP
nmejia024

nmejia024

Jan 13, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
King
Thanks for the help...the bump doesn't hurt him at all and doesn't seem to bother home whatsoever.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online