Not sure what to do!!

OP
K

kjgenest

Jul 7, 2011
Thank you everyone for the great advise. I will definitely take the time to try all your ideas. I have absolutely nothing to lose by trying your ideas. It does make sense that I might be doing more harm than going by telling him he is okay. It is definitely worth trying to walk him out in the wind so he sees that it is okay to be out in it. I am knew to this site and how the forums work. But I finally figured out how to post his picture. Here is Rascal hanging out with his best friend in his favorite chair.

Thanks again!! 0805012054_0001 rascal.jpg

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
You got a lot of advice so I just wanted to say good luck! And also that Rascal is such a handsome bulldog! Such a cute picture!

Fbjdd

Mar 16, 2012
Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bongo
Hi,

Don't worry it will take awhile but don't shelter your bully cause that's what the breeder did it sounds like. Keep exposing him to the world one scary laundry basket at a time and just be there and patient and loving. One thing you don't want to do in my opinion is and I know I read this in Cesars book, you don't want to console them you want to act normal. If you console them then they will come to associate that that emotion there showing is how they can get love affection and treats from you. There pretty smart like that ours was afraid of car rides and we would always be saying it ok, your doing good, petting huggin love and kisses when he started whining and shaking in the car. We ignored it and it took awhile but now he falls asleep and is fine.

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
All I have to add to the advice you've already received...is when you see anxiety and fear in Rascal (for anything that isn't actually going to hurt him) use a calming signal. Some examples are yawning, sitting down next to him sideways without touching, and drawing a circle with your finger in the middle of the imaginary line that's between his ears. These have worked with my guy's anxiety.....good luck....and just keep being persistent

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Excellent advice above, and he sure is a handsome guy! Please keep us posted on any progress you makes with him so we can all learn from your experience. Welcome!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.