Does this look like a tear stain or a irritation?

Lily122511

Mar 3, 2012
Westchester, New York, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily
eye1.jpgeye2.jpgeye3.jpgeye4.jpgeye5.jpgeye6.jpg

I noticed on Monday that Lily had what I thought looked like a tear stain.
It's only one one side.
Now sometimes it looks like a reddish tear stain but then other times it looks like an irritation.
Like it's raw.
I'm not sure if I should take her to the vet or not.
Could you guys take a look at the pics and tell what you think it looks like to you.
And how I should treat it.
I went and got witch hazel which I am cleaning it with 2x a day.
and then I put a very little amount of ointment on it.
But I don't want to make it worse if it is indeed some type of irritation.

And advice would be great.

Thanks,
Lisa

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Ouch... that looks a little irritated to me. Any smell to it?

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
it does look sore but I dont' think you need to go to a vet. If it is very sore then I would not use witch hazel on that side and use a baby wipe for sensitive skin making sure to dry it gently and thoroughly afterwards. Then apply a tiny bit of desitin to it.

Are there any other signs such as itchy feet, runny nose ... anything that could make you say she is having an allergic reaction ??

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Ooh that looks painful. ;( I wouldnt want to do too much to it. I know you have been cleaning with witch hazel but I would maybe do if it were me, a 1 time gentle dab with malaket wipes. It is anti fugal and kills off germies. Then after I would leave it alone and see what happens. Aquaphor might be good for it as a protector perhaps and it does help heal also but I would just watch it and see what happens for a day before doing too much.

OP
Lily122511

Lily122511

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily
it does look sore but I dont' think you need to go to a vet. If it is very sore then I would not use witch hazel on that side and use a baby wipe for sensitive skin making sure to dry it gently and thoroughly afterwards. Then apply a tiny bit of desitin to it.

Are there any other signs such as itchy feet, runny nose ... anything that could make you say she is having an allergic reaction ??

No she seems fine. It doesn't even seem to bug her I think It bugs me more than her lol

I will try the desitin and stay away fromthe witch hazel on that side.

Thanks for you advice!
You guys are great!!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Im with Karen and Jenn... It looks sore and witch hazel may irritate it more because it is an astringent. Lubing it sounds like a better idea... or just leave it alone for a few days.

OP
Lily122511

Lily122511

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily
Ooh that looks painful. ;( I wouldnt want to do too much to it. I know you have been cleaning with witch hazel but I would maybe do if it were me, a 1 time gentle dab with malaket wipes. It is anti fugal and kills off germies. Then after I would leave it alone and see what happens. Aquaphor might be good for it as a protector perhaps and it does help heal also but I would just watch it and see what happens for a day before doing too much.

Ok I will try the Malaket wipes. Where can I get them?

OP
Lily122511

Lily122511

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily
Im with Karen and Jenn... It looks sore and witch hazel may irritate it more because it is an astringent. Lubing it sounds like a better idea... or just leave it alone for a few days.

Oh crap..see I always do the WRONG things with her. I hope I didn't make it worse. :(
Luding it with desitin you mean?

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Yeah... but be very careful not to get it in the eye. A tiny bit of Aquafor (available at drug stores in baby section) would help too.

I PM'd you the link where to get malaket wipes.

OP
Lily122511

Lily122511

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily
Yeah... but be very careful not to get it in the eye. A tiny bit of Aquafor (available at drug stores in baby section) would help too.

I PM'd you the link where to get malaket wipes.

So which one do you think would be better to use.
The desitin or the Aquaphor?
Sorry I'm clueless here I know lol

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Desitin would be more medicated than Aquafor that is more of a lubricant. I'd try a tiny bit of desitin.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.