walking the king !!!!!

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Walks are really an important part of the day to Mack & Ruggles. In the Spring/Summer/Fall we walk up a USFS road that follows a creek. We go before the sun comes up over the mountains so everyone stays cool. They drink cold Mt. water out of the creek.

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
I have been walking Watson after dinner and sometimes he plays very hard. I haven't noticed any bloating but since everyone is giving the same advice I am gonna change the order of things. Better to be safe than sorry.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We usually do two a day depending on temp there may be less or none. Walk is always about 30 mins. after eating

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I have been walking Watson after dinner and sometimes he plays very hard. I haven't noticed any bloating but since everyone is giving the same advice I am gonna change the order of things. Better to be safe than sorry.

Unfortunately a fellow member has lost a bulldog to bloat in the last couple of weeks, and that loss has brought home to us all the reality of bloat and just how easily it could happen. It was even more shocking to me to discover that bulldogs are prone to bloat and until now I NEVER knew that!!

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
So is a walk an hour after supper ok or only walk before eating? We generally walk Kain after supper around 7pm or so he eats at 6ish.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So is a walk an hour after supper ok or only walk before eating? We generally walk Kain after supper around 7pm or so he eats at 6ish. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Exactly what we have done and still do

Members online

No members online now.