Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mack & Ruggles Both Had Good Check-Ups

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruggles and Buster
    Likes (Received)

Default Mack & Ruggles Both Had Good Check-Ups

Last week Mack & Ruggles went to the vet. for their annual shots and check-ups; both boys did well. Mack's gums are growing over his bottom teeth, a condition that is common to older Boxers and Bulldogs. Our vet. mentioned they had just got a laser and would be able to trim back his gums if/when they interferred with his eating. They will also be doing laser treatments (like on Mack's fused spine). Our vet said also they have a Bulldog patient in need of pallet surgery that they would do with the laser. I really wanted to ask him how they were trained to use the laser. I'm thinking to myself was it the salesman who brought it by and sold it to them? I trust both of the vets in their practice; they did Mack's colon surgery when he ingested part of a toy that didn't make it all of the way through. They also fixed Ruggles' eyes when they neutered him and took care of his hernia. They did a great job on his eyes. What I'm wondering is if I would be out of line if I questioned their training with the laser. Any thoughts?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Mack & Ruggles Both Had Good Check-Ups

ALWAYS ALWAYS happy to hear when annual exams go well!!!! But for these procedures you are talking about, I think if you have any issues/hesitations, makes them known!!!!!!!!!

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

I agree make your thoughts known but laser is honestly so much resort on healing time and all. They do most everything laser it seems, I think it is good. Glad they r healthy. Hope they got a little something extra for their suffering. Lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Watson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

excellent news.

Lucy-licious

If your worried I would ask...good vets will have no problem in telling you their training history.
    Glad to hear all went well with the checkup.

@cowsmom's girl Sarah has been having laser treatments on her leg I'm sure she'll pop by with some information for you very soon
    and is it @2BullyMama and Banks that has laser treatment (sorry Christine if it isnt)

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

Glad to see the good news on the checkups. And sure you should ask.

My Bully Gave Me Wings Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Bev
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I would definitely ask questions. Since the laser is new to the office he might even be expecting you to.

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Awww,, Mack and Ruggles are such good boys.... of course they would have a good check-up

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Twice View Post
    I would definitely ask questions. Since the laser is new to the office he might even be expecting you to.
    I agree. And maybe the question could be something as innocuous as "I didn't know laser use was taught in veterinary school....?" You know, just as a conversation opener.

I'm with you. I'd want to know some details myself. Particularly with comments like the pallet surgery one, "....they think they can do it with the laser....". Think? Can they or can't they, Dr. Laser Beam?

BullyWood Movie Star I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Erin
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank
    Likes (Received)

Glad to hear the check up went well! That is always good news! As far as the new equipment, I don't think you would be out of line asking about their training and experience. It is important especially if it is being used on your babies.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruggles and Buster
    Likes (Received)

Thanks all for confirming what I was thinking. I don't want my Mack to be a guinea pig!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Alice Kable View Post
    Last week Mack & Ruggles went to the vet. for their annual shots and check-ups; both boys did well. Mack's gums are growing over his bottom teeth, a condition that is common to older Boxers and Bulldogs. Our vet. mentioned they had just got a laser and would be able to trim back his gums if/when they interferred with his eating. They will also be doing laser treatments (like on Mack's fused spine). Our vet said also they have a Bulldog patient in need of pallet surgery that they would do with the laser. I really wanted to ask him how they were trained to use the laser. I'm thinking to myself was it the salesman who brought it by and sold it to them? I trust both of the vets in their practice; they did Mack's colon surgery when he ingested part of a toy that didn't make it all of the way through. They also fixed Ruggles' eyes when they neutered him and took care of his hernia. They did a great job on his eyes. What I'm wondering is if I would be out of line if I questioned their training with the laser. Any thoughts?
    Hi Alice... there are two very different types of laser and both require that they go to classes and be certified for using the procedure. The one for the pallet is the type used to remove and cut.. it is in place of the 'knife' and can only be done by a doctor. The other, which Banks has done on her back (fuse vertebrae and HD)... this is sort of like deep tissue massage therapy, the laser (red light) is focused on her trouble areas and rubbed for 6 to 8 mins on each spot at different levels. Our vet has packages you can buy which saves a few dollars, but the sessions are worth every penny. We really see a difference in Banks if we miss a session. The company that makes it is 'Life Cure Companion Therapy Laser' you can Google it and read the site.

@Lucy-licious you were correct!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads