Mack & Ruggles Both Had Good Check-Ups

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Last week Mack & Ruggles went to the vet. for their annual shots and check-ups; both boys did well. Mack's gums are growing over his bottom teeth, a condition that is common to older Boxers and Bulldogs. Our vet. mentioned they had just got a laser and would be able to trim back his gums if/when they interferred with his eating. They will also be doing laser treatments (like on Mack's fused spine). Our vet said also they have a Bulldog patient in need of pallet surgery that they would do with the laser. I really wanted to ask him how they were trained to use the laser. I'm thinking to myself was it the salesman who brought it by and sold it to them? I trust both of the vets in their practice; they did Mack's colon surgery when he ingested part of a toy that didn't make it all of the way through. They also fixed Ruggles' eyes when they neutered him and took care of his hernia. They did a great job on his eyes. What I'm wondering is if I would be out of line if I questioned their training with the laser. Any thoughts?

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
ALWAYS ALWAYS happy to hear when annual exams go well!!!! :happydance: But for these procedures you are talking about, I think if you have any issues/hesitations, makes them known!!!!!!!!!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I agree make your thoughts known but laser is honestly so much resort on healing time and all. They do most everything laser it seems, I think it is good. Glad they r healthy. Hope they got a little something extra for their suffering. Lol ;)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

L

Lucy-licious

If your worried I would ask...good vets will have no problem in telling you their training history.
Glad to hear all went well with the checkup. :up:

[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION]'s girl Sarah has been having laser treatments on her leg I'm sure she'll pop by with some information for you very soon :)
and is it [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] and Banks that has laser treatment (sorry Christine if it isnt)

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Glad to see the good news on the checkups. And sure you should ask.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I would definitely ask questions. Since the laser is new to the office he might even be expecting you to.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Awww,, Mack and Ruggles are such good boys.... of course they would have a good check-up :):)

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I would definitely ask questions. Since the laser is new to the office he might even be expecting you to.

I agree. And maybe the question could be something as innocuous as "I didn't know laser use was taught in veterinary school....?" You know, just as a conversation opener.

I'm with you. I'd want to know some details myself. Particularly with comments like the pallet surgery one, "....they think they can do it with the laser....". Think? Can they or can't they, Dr. Laser Beam? :nonono:

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Glad to hear the check up went well! That is always good news! As far as the new equipment, I don't think you would be out of line asking about their training and experience. It is important especially if it is being used on your babies.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Last week Mack & Ruggles went to the vet. for their annual shots and check-ups; both boys did well. Mack's gums are growing over his bottom teeth, a condition that is common to older Boxers and Bulldogs. Our vet. mentioned they had just got a laser and would be able to trim back his gums if/when they interferred with his eating. They will also be doing laser treatments (like on Mack's fused spine). Our vet said also they have a Bulldog patient in need of pallet surgery that they would do with the laser. I really wanted to ask him how they were trained to use the laser. I'm thinking to myself was it the salesman who brought it by and sold it to them? I trust both of the vets in their practice; they did Mack's colon surgery when he ingested part of a toy that didn't make it all of the way through. They also fixed Ruggles' eyes when they neutered him and took care of his hernia. They did a great job on his eyes. What I'm wondering is if I would be out of line if I questioned their training with the laser. Any thoughts?

Hi Alice... there are two very different types of laser and both require that they go to classes and be certified for using the procedure. The one for the pallet is the type used to remove and cut.. it is in place of the 'knife' and can only be done by a doctor. The other, which Banks has done on her back (fuse vertebrae and HD)... this is sort of like deep tissue massage therapy, the laser (red light) is focused on her trouble areas and rubbed for 6 to 8 mins on each spot at different levels. Our vet has packages you can buy which saves a few dollars, but the sessions are worth every penny. We really see a difference in Banks if we miss a session. The company that makes it is 'Life Cure Companion Therapy Laser' you can Google it and read the site.

[MENTION=1648]Lucy-licious[/MENTION] you were correct!

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
So happy that their check ups went well - do ask about the laser training so that you feel at ease.
Big hugs for Mack & Ruggles !

OP
Alice Kable

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Thanks for the information [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION]. I bet Dr. Randy took some classes on laser surgery at WSU and got certified! I am excited for Mack to get treatments on his spine!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.