Red and swollen bum!

OP
C

Cooper11

Butt schootching.... drag butt on floor - they are trying to scratch.

Scabby things... are they dry and flaky or just little lumps?

Thats is the thing he hasn't been scooting at all. He doesn't act like anything is wrong unless you touch it. I was petting him today and I felt his tail and I felt him get tense and he lifted his head.

They are dry and flaking and some or just little lumps. They are scabbing like I can pick them off on some of them....

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
He doesn't have a tail pocket but he has a pocket under his tail that is pretty deep and that is where is starts getting red. I will put desitin on it tonight.

HUH? :laugh: You just described a tail pocket!!! :confused:

You know it really takes time to get all the toxins out of the system. Try that shampoo and keep putting desitin on it. Keep it clean under his tail but mainly DRY. If he has a tail pocket put some malacetic or witch hazel up in the pocket, or even gold bond powder, anything to keep it dry and kill germs at the same time.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thats is the thing he hasn't been scooting at all. He doesn't act like anything is wrong unless you touch it. I was petting him today and I felt his tail and I felt him get tense and he lifted his head. They are dry and flaking and some or just little lumps. They are scabbing like I can pick them off on some of them....

OK -- your baby is getting his butt kicked by allergies. If the scabby things are what I think they are --- he has a staph infection, which is a results of the allergies weakening his immune system. You may want to get you boy to the vet tomorrow to have his skin checked and if it is staph he will need a strong antibiotic

OP
C

Cooper11

HUH? :laugh: You just described a tail pocket!!! :confused:

You know it really takes time to get all the toxins out of the system. Try that shampoo and keep putting desitin on it. Keep it clean under his tail but mainly DRY. If he has a tail pocket put some malacetic or witch hazel up in the pocket, or even gold bond powder, anything to keep it dry and kill germs at the same time.

:rofl: Lisa do you have ESP.....My mom and I were just talking about it. She said isn't that the tail pocket...I thought it was the hole in the middle of the screw tail. I have asked like 3 times on different post if Coop had one with the longer tail and if it is the underneath of it and no one answered me :cry: Yes he has a bad tail pocket. that is the problem! I think we solved it my Poor baby. He has never had a problem with it until now. So would it be yeast????

OP
C

Cooper11

I feel so bad....this is all my fault!

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
OK -- your baby is getting his butt kicked by allergies. If the scabby things are what I think they are --- he has a staph infection, which is a results of the allergies weakening his immune system. You may want to get you boy to the vet tomorrow to have his skin checked and if it is staph he will need a strong antibiotic

I agree with this Meg! I know you are trying to figure things out but I would go to the vet and get some answers from them. Hoping everything gets better for you and Cooper! :hug:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
:rofl: Lisa do you have ESP.....My mom and I were just talking about it. She said isn't that the tail pocket...I thought it was the hole in the middle of the screw tail. I have asked like 3 times on different post if Coop had one with the longer tail and if it is the underneath of it and no one answered me :cry: Yes he has a bad tail pocket. that is the problem! I think we solved it my Poor baby. He has never had a problem with it until now. So would it be yeast????

Yes yeast or bacteria... Either way it would cause butt scooting... And possible infection if it gets bad. I agree with [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] with the bumps, cysts and now the butt you should get to vet, he probably needs antibiotics. Allergy test would be a good idea too.

OP
C

Cooper11

I agree with this Meg! I know you are trying to figure things out but I would go to the vet and get some answers from them. Hoping everything gets better for you and Cooper! :hug:

[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION]

Yes I am going tomorrow no worries everyone! There was no way I could go today I couldn't get in and I had appts I had to go to. My shih tzu had these scabby thing and never had a problem.....but i will get on that allergy test... although he had benedryl today so I don't know how long he will have to wait until they can do an allergy test

OP
C

Cooper11

[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] I wonder if it is the outside allergies....I just felt for the scabby things and they are almost gone now. I can't find any but I will look closer in a min. So either the bath helped or the benedryl is helping them

OP
C

Cooper11

Yes yeast or bacteria... Either way it would cause butt scooting... And possible infection if it gets bad. I agree with @2BullyMama with the bumps, cysts and now the butt you should get to vet, he probably needs antibiotics. Allergy test would be a good idea too.

He hasn't been scooting his but at all......so maybe it is too sore to scoot. I dunno. Like I said he gave me no sign of having a sore butt. i can tell its getting better and I just said to christine I think the benedryl might be helping the scabby things cuz I just felt for them and I can't find them now. But I am still going to go to vet and probably to allergy test. How long do I have to wait to do test if he had benedryl today???? He is fighting/playing with Gracie mega tonight he is hyper I think he is feeling better lol....Gracie went to vet today and they said her limp is from possible sprain. Xrays looked good.

wheezer

Dec 16, 2011
MS
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus, Dexter
[MENTION=4292]Cooper11[/MENTION] I am so glad to hear Cooper is feeling somewhat better. Hopefully, his bum will get well soon. Also, [MENTION=4285]GRACIE11[/MENTION] glad Gracie only has a sprain. That will get better with time. It seems strange that Gracie and Cooper are siblings and he got all of the allergies. Poor Cooper! Meg, give him a big hug for me. He and Gracie are such good looking bullies!

GRACIE11

Feb 11, 2012
Fairbank, Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie Mae "The Diva"
@Cooper11 I am so glad to hear Cooper is feeling somewhat better. Hopefully, his bum will get well soon. Also, @GRACIE11 glad Gracie only has a sprain. That will get better with time. It seems strange that Gracie and Cooper are siblings and he got all of the allergies. Poor Cooper! Meg, give him a big hug for me. He and Gracie are such good looking bullies!

Thanks wheezer! The vet said she has allergies too, she has yeast infection in both ears. She also has some dry skin patches and he tested them for mange, test came back negative...so he thinks her ear and skin problems are from allergies. Hers are not as bad as coopers so I will wait and get her tested at a year. He also put her on allery pills.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
@2BullyMama I wonder if it is the outside allergies....I just felt for the scabby things and they are almost gone now. I can't find any but I will look closer in a min. So either the bath helped or the benedryl is helping them

hey Meg --- just do not give him any Benedryl the day of the test. steriods were in his system, then you have to wait for 30 days after the last dose.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.