Red and swollen bum!

OP
C

Cooper11

@Cooper11...I hope you don't mind me asking but can you change your font? It's really hard to read. I would put him in the tub and gently run warm water over his behind with maybe some mild dog shampoo (puppy if you have it) and then rinse and pat gently dry. Then put some Neosporin on it and keep it clean from any poo residue.

LOL I know I hate this font too!!! I bought it from the bully marker monday and went on yesterday to buy a different one and the option changed from changing your font to changing your colors.... lol I will see if I can figure out how to change it. My mom and I were talking about how we hated it last night! I gave him a bath last night and that was how I found it. So I had already washed it. I got on here to see what to do. I cleaned it with witch hazel and then a couple hours later I put desitin on it. You should see the stink eye I get when I touch his bum!!!

OP
C

Cooper11

I'm almost positive he had the cyst when he was on the veggie diet. I'M tired and i can't read that dumb font you are using.....so you might have already answered that question @Cooper11

Yes he had the cysts I am talking about the scabby things on his back....

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
the tail redness could be due to being left damp after bathing ,sometimes its hard to really get the tail pocket dry ,use a baby nappy rash cream on it,the cysts could be due to allergy,grass seed ,ingroing hair,soak in epsom salts and let air dry ,karen

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Ouch that looks sore .... I too would say allergies after reading through your list of what seems to be wrong with him. I know you said you are on the Fromm ... which flavour are you giving him?

OP
C

Cooper11

I got the beef fritatta fromm.....
I used witch hazel last night and then desitin later. Today I just cleaned it with a warm rag because the desitin coated his butt white and I couldn't tell it it looked any better. it doesn't look beat red anymore....I got some gauze pads and cleaned it with witch hazel again. and I will but some cream on it a little later. Him bum hole still seems swollen and I notice his um peepee keeps making its appearance and not going back in and I am thinking this is related to the bum issue. Do you think I should go to vet just to be safe???
[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] [MENTION=4246]ChanelnBrutus[/MENTION] [MENTION=2242]karenben[/MENTION] [MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] [MENTION=1760]Fontanafox[/MENTION] [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] [MENTION=3872]Watson[/MENTION] [MENTION=4277]gunnyboy[/MENTION] [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION]

As for dampness could be but I have done the same thing when it comes to baths. I think dampness could be the issue tho because his tail is so tight to his body he has never liked me cleaning or messing with his tail or bum. He didn't like me cleaning it today but it is still swollen not nearly as red!!!

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I got the beef fritatta fromm.....
I used witch hazel last night and then desitin later. Today I just cleaned it with a warm rag because the desitin coated his butt white and I couldn't tell it it looked any better. it doesn't look beat red anymore....I got some gauze pads and cleaned it with witch hazel again. and I will but some cream on it a little later. Him bum hole still seems swollen and I notice his um peepee keeps making its appearance and not going back in and I am thinking this is related to the bum issue. Do you think I should go to vet just to be safe???
@cowsmom @ChanelnBrutus @karenben @kazzy220 @Fontanafox @JAKEISGREAT @Watson @gunnyboy @Davidh

As for dampness could be but I have done the same thing when it comes to baths. I think dampness could be the issue tho because his tail is so tight to his body he has never liked me cleaning or messing with his tail or bum. He didn't like me cleaning it today but it is still swollen not nearly as red!!!

Hey I would get him into the vet! You should do an allergy panel! His allergies seem to be getting worse and it may turn out the bum is from something else ... To me these seem like all alllergies..The quicker you find out what it is the quicker you can make the changes ! Hope everything gets better

Is he still going to the vet with the 3 bullies that work there??? Is there a vet around you that knows the breed?

Hoping and praying you get some answers and Cooper gets better

OP
C

Cooper11

@ChanelnBrutus Yeah I am going to get the allergy test done. I still go to the one vet with the 3 bullies but haven't been there in awhile. My mom is taking Gracie to a different vet today because of her limp. So I will see what my mom thinks of this new vet and go from there.

BrooklynStar

Feb 21, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Best of luck to you!! I hope the allergy panel once and for all, gives you the info you need to help keep Cooper a healthy bully! He has a great mommy!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Let us know what the vet said, plus being that raw I would not clean it with witch hazel, just warm water and maybe some neosporin.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yes he had the cysts I am talking about the scabby things on his back....

Megan --- scabby things on his back??? Can you get a good pic and post, please?

OP
C

Cooper11

Indeed, Desitin and it looks like maybe he was butt schootching

:eek: what the heck is butt schootching!!!????

[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] there is no way to get a pic. I can barely see them I can just feel them. I can see them sometimes when he is sitting and his fur is raised up a little on his neck (his white fur) I can see red spots.....

[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] Thanks I was wondering about the witch hazel too!!! I know that it stings with open wounds. I will just use water. I put hydocrotizone cream on it today. I think I need to start daily cleaning on his tail. He doesn't have a tail pocket but he has a pocket under his tail that is pretty deep and that is where is starts getting red. I will put desitin on it tonight.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:eek: what the heck is butt schootching!!!????

@2BullyMama there is no way to get a pic. I can barely see them I can just feel them. I can see them sometimes when he is sitting and his fur is raised up a little on his neck (his white fur) I can see red spots.....

@Davidh Thanks I was wondering about the witch hazel too!!! I know that it stings with open wounds. I will just use water. I put hydocrotizone cream on it today. I think I need to start daily cleaning on his tail. He doesn't have a tail pocket but he has a pocket under his tail that is pretty deep and that is where is starts getting red. I will put desitin on it tonight.

Butt schootching.... drag butt on floor - they are trying to scratch.

Scabby things... are they dry and flaky or just little lumps?

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.