Red and swollen bum!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Oh... I also get stuff from the vet when it is real bad.... Tresederm. Two/three drops twice a day and it is gone within a few dyas. also, as someone else mentioned, get potatoes out of his diet.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:eek: OMG @Watson serious!!! shave him!!!!???? hot spots are like scabs????? Also don't you think he would have gotten them from the sweet potatoes and the white potatoes when I was making him veggies???

Only white potatoes add to the yeast issues.,,, it is the starch

OP
C

Cooper11

OUCh... poor little guy! This happens to Banks when her yeast issues kick in.... I use the witch hazel on a cotton pad once/twice a day till it clears up.

You said he is gnawing at his paws too? Are they also red?

His paws themselves are not red but the cysts are.....Cool I will do the witch hazel

[MENTION=3872]Watson[/MENTION] yes I was giving his white potatoes too????

[MENTION=3913]wheezer[/MENTION] I know! My poor baby!!! It looks so so sore and I know it is. I am shocked he wasn't walking funny or rubbing his butt on the ground. I don't do yogurt. I cut all that stuff out when he was throwing up. He has strictly been on the fromm and for treats he gets raw veggies like cucumbers and he gets slices of apples..... I am just about to blow. I can't get anything right!!!! :shout:

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=4292]Cooper11[/MENTION] -- have you thought about getting the full blood screen allergy test done? Everything you are now describing is telling me he is allergic to something in the food... could be as simple as rice, carrots, chicken.... or something in the environment.

OP
C

Cooper11

@Cooper11 -- have you thought about getting the full blood screen allergy test done? Everything you are now describing is telling me he is allergic to something in the food... could be as simple as rice, carrots, chicken.... or something in the environment.

I do know he has environmental allergies for sure!! I am going to call the vet tomorrow to see when we can get in for allergy test!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I do know he has environmental allergies for sure!! I am going to call the vet tomorrow to see when we can get in for allergy test!

Benedryl... 1mg per pound will help with the itching. poor Coops.... give him a hug for me

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Meg have you given him the benardryl yet?? I thought you had given it to him if so did it work? Did you notice a difference at all! I agree with the allergy test at this point! Its something in the food/enviroment thats causing this and it seems to be getting worse once something gets better! Hope everything works out and Im here if you need!

OP
C

Cooper11

Benedryl... 1mg per pound will help with the itching. poor Coops.... give him a hug for me

I just gave him some before I read your post! lol
[MENTION=4246]ChanelnBrutus[/MENTION] I hadn't gave him any yet. I bought some but I was waiting a little I didn't want to upset his tummy! And I wanted to get the Zytec but hadn't got any yet.....

OP
C

Cooper11

[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] I just did the witch hazel and it is even bleeding a tad bit..... :(

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Ouch that looks so sore. I'm absolutely no help on this one Megan, sorry. Looks like you have some good advice though. I'm still learning about yeast. Hope Coop's bumm heals fast though.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Sounds like he has a diaper rash, esp with the bleeding. Desitin should help. How are his poops?

OP
C

Cooper11

Sounds like he has a diaper rash, esp with the bleeding. Desitin should help. How are his poops?

His Poo is still really good and solid. I watched him :poo: today and he didn't seem in pain or anything. You seriously would never know that his bum was that red. I will try the desitin. Do you think the fromm is causing this stuff. Should I get the allergy test and stay on the fromm and see what the test says. [MENTION=4277]gunnyboy[/MENTION] gave me a recommendation on stuff for the cysts...and I am going to get the shampoo you recommended. My mom is taking Gracie to vet tomorrow for his limp and she is going to see if they have it there.....I think the butt may be my fault. i should have been watching it. But he has NEVER had a problem with it before so I wasn;t paying much attention to it. His tail is the longer tail and it is very tight to him bum. It almost feels painful for me to pull it out a little to get under it.

GRACIE11

Feb 11, 2012
Fairbank, Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie Mae "The Diva"
I'm almost positive he had the cyst when he was on the veggie diet. I'M tired and i can't read that dumb font you are using.....so you might have already answered that question [MENTION=4292]Cooper11[/MENTION]

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
[MENTION=4292]Cooper11[/MENTION]...I hope you don't mind me asking but can you change your font? It's really hard to read. I would put him in the tub and gently run warm water over his behind with maybe some mild dog shampoo (puppy if you have it) and then rinse and pat gently dry. Then put some Neosporin on it and keep it clean from any poo residue.

Most Reactions