Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Red and swollen bum!

Cooper11

Default Re: Red and swollen bum!

Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    HUH? You just described a tail pocket!!!

You know it really takes time to get all the toxins out of the system. Try that shampoo and keep putting desitin on it. Keep it clean under his tail but mainly DRY. If he has a tail pocket put some malacetic or witch hazel up in the pocket, or even gold bond powder, anything to keep it dry and kill germs at the same time.
    Lisa do you have ESP.....My mom and I were just talking about it. She said isn't that the tail pocket...I thought it was the hole in the middle of the screw tail. I have asked like 3 times on different post if Coop had one with the longer tail and if it is the underneath of it and no one answered me Yes he has a bad tail pocket. that is the problem! I think we solved it my Poor baby. He has never had a problem with it until now. So would it be yeast????

Cooper11

I feel so bad....this is all my fault!

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    OK -- your baby is getting his butt kicked by allergies. If the scabby things are what I think they are --- he has a staph infection, which is a results of the allergies weakening his immune system. You may want to get you boy to the vet tomorrow to have his skin checked and if it is staph he will need a strong antibiotic
    I agree with this Meg! I know you are trying to figure things out but I would go to the vet and get some answers from them. Hoping everything gets better for you and Cooper!
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper11 View Post
    Lisa do you have ESP.....My mom and I were just talking about it. She said isn't that the tail pocket...I thought it was the hole in the middle of the screw tail. I have asked like 3 times on different post if Coop had one with the longer tail and if it is the underneath of it and no one answered me Yes he has a bad tail pocket. that is the problem! I think we solved it my Poor baby. He has never had a problem with it until now. So would it be yeast????
    Yes yeast or bacteria... Either way it would cause butt scooting... And possible infection if it gets bad. I agree with @2BullyMama with the bumps, cysts and now the butt you should get to vet, he probably needs antibiotics. Allergy test would be a good idea too.

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Cooper11

Quote Originally Posted by ChanelnBrutus View Post
    I agree with this Meg! I know you are trying to figure things out but I would go to the vet and get some answers from them. Hoping everything gets better for you and Cooper!
    @2BullyMama

Yes I am going tomorrow no worries everyone! There was no way I could go today I couldn't get in and I had appts I had to go to. My shih tzu had these scabby thing and never had a problem.....but i will get on that allergy test... although he had benedryl today so I don't know how long he will have to wait until they can do an allergy test

Cooper11

@2BullyMama I wonder if it is the outside allergies....I just felt for the scabby things and they are almost gone now. I can't find any but I will look closer in a min. So either the bath helped or the benedryl is helping them

Cooper11

Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    Yes yeast or bacteria... Either way it would cause butt scooting... And possible infection if it gets bad. I agree with @2BullyMama with the bumps, cysts and now the butt you should get to vet, he probably needs antibiotics. Allergy test would be a good idea too.
    He hasn't been scooting his but at all......so maybe it is too sore to scoot. I dunno. Like I said he gave me no sign of having a sore butt. i can tell its getting better and I just said to christine I think the benedryl might be helping the scabby things cuz I just felt for them and I can't find them now. But I am still going to go to vet and probably to allergy test. How long do I have to wait to do test if he had benedryl today???? He is fighting/playing with Gracie mega tonight he is hyper I think he is feeling better lol....Gracie went to vet today and they said her limp is from possible sprain. Xrays looked good.

Dog Park Attendant Become a 4 Paw Member wheezer's Avatar
    Real Name
    Linda
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zeus, Dexter
    Likes (Received)

@Cooper11 I am so glad to hear Cooper is feeling somewhat better. Hopefully, his bum will get well soon. Also, @GRACIE11 glad Gracie only has a sprain. That will get better with time. It seems strange that Gracie and Cooper are siblings and he got all of the allergies. Poor Cooper! Meg, give him a big hug for me. He and Gracie are such good looking bullies!

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Poor Coop! I hope you get to the bottom of this! : NO pun intended! He's had too many things going on..

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Watson View Post
    I think it is more white potatoes then sweet potatoes but I could be wrong
    I think that's correct too.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Gracie Mae "The Diva"
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by wheezer View Post
    @Cooper11 I am so glad to hear Cooper is feeling somewhat better. Hopefully, his bum will get well soon. Also, @GRACIE11 glad Gracie only has a sprain. That will get better with time. It seems strange that Gracie and Cooper are siblings and he got all of the allergies. Poor Cooper! Meg, give him a big hug for me. He and Gracie are such good looking bullies!
    Thanks wheezer! The vet said she has allergies too, she has yeast infection in both ears. She also has some dry skin patches and he tested them for mange, test came back negative...so he thinks her ear and skin problems are from allergies. Hers are not as bad as coopers so I will wait and get her tested at a year. He also put her on allery pills.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper11 View Post
    @2BullyMama I wonder if it is the outside allergies....I just felt for the scabby things and they are almost gone now. I can't find any but I will look closer in a min. So either the bath helped or the benedryl is helping them

hey Meg --- just do not give him any Benedryl the day of the test. steriods were in his system, then you have to wait for 30 days after the last dose.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Remove Ads