Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cherry Eye????

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)

Default Cherry Eye????

So Brutus is now 10 months as of 4/4/12. His left eye today is not looking pretty. He seems to have Cherry Eye....When he was about 4 1/2 months the right eye gland popped out slightly and went back into place within a couple hours and (knock on wood) never came back. Well just now Brutus is on top of Chanels cage playing with his kong and I noticed his eye looked almost like he was looking a different way (cross eyed) and got closer and noticed. I posted a picture...I will try to massage it back into place but I wanted some advice about it. Should I leave it alone and see what happens??? He just had 2 procedures in 1 surgery about 2 1/2 months ago but I dont want him to need another so soon! He had a hard time after the surgery with seizures, and excessive bleeding so I am getting worried. I know there isnt any pain to them but It has to be uncomfortable for him and I feel so bad! He isnt acting any different, eating, drinking everything is fine except this eye.

I have him resting in his crate ... Maybe if he sleeps and relaxes it will go away!

Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

Lucy-licious

Default Re: Cherry Eye????

@ChanelnBrutus Try here... http://www.englishbulldognews.com/fo...ow-to-treat-it

there is a link in there to a youtube video on how to massage it back in.
    Lucy had it a couple of times as a pup..came out due to high excitement and stress...hasnt popped since

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

my bostons eye looked like that a couple of times long time ago when we first got him. i just left it as i didnt know what it was and after sleeping it would be gone. did it twice then never came back. both times it was after playing real hard. i hope his goes away to. maybe leave it and see if it goes away on its own. if not then try to massage it back in.

Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

@Lucy-licious @cowsmom I tried massaging it back in and used hot compress and it went back in but then popped out again! Ughhhh This is frustrating. Well see what happens when he wakes from his nap!

Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

@Lucy-licious @cowsmom I tried massaging it back in and used hot compress and it went back in but then popped out again! Ughhhh This is frustrating. Well see what happens when he wakes from his nap!

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

@ChanelnBrutus aw chin up dear. ask coop gracie had it maybe they have a way to do it that is different

Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Its not bright pink its acutally white! I just massaged as per the articles and now it looks like this

Stilll there but not as big

He is napping now so I am going to leave it be and see what happens...Thanks soooo much!

Lucy-licious

there is also a possibility that it may be an infection in the inner eyelid. Antibiotic eye drops will help if it is xx They look very similar but obviously the infection doesn't stay in after massage

Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

I just spoke with our vet who wants us to go see him tommorow if its not gone. I just used my finger with a hot rag and its back in its place and doesnt look popped anymore. We are still gonna keep an eye (no pun) and still going to the vet for some eye drops...Any specific drops we should ask for ???

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

All you can do is just message it back in and hope for the best. It may stay and may not. Hopefully you can do this to prolong having the surgery.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Cooper11

I was going to tell you that you how to massage it and you need to by a little firm but I see you got it. You should massage it even when it is not popped out too...it will help believe me. Gracie was getting them here and there and when we started the massing it hasn't been back in months. Brutus cherry eye didn't look to bad either...actually looked just like Gracie's did. You keep massaging daily for a week or so and hopefully it won't come back. Good job girl. I know when my mom tried messaging it in she couldn't do it either. Then I watched the video and popped it right back on and showed her how to do it. I don't think you will have a problem with it if you keep up the massaging. Good Job Snook!!!!
    @ChanelnBrutus

Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Davidh View Post
    All you can do is just message it back in and hope for the best. It may stay and may not. Hopefully you can do this to prolong having the surgery.
    I am hoping it stays! I dont care if I have to do this everyday as long as I get it back in and it doesnt cause any problems or issues for Brutus or his eye!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads