Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Ftse has cherry eye at the moment when it first happened the vet put him on eye ointment and after three days it had gone completely and as soon as we stopped the ointment it popped out again and much bigger and redder and the ointment this time is not doing anything at all. ftse is scheduled for surgery on the 20th April for it to be stiched back in hopefully this will fix it for good. I truly hope so as I am not feeling too good about him having surgery.

br 144.jpg

OP
ChanelnBrutus

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Ftse has cherry eye at the moment when it first happened the vet put him on eye ointment and after three days it had gone completely and as soon as we stopped the ointment it popped out again and much bigger and redder and the ointment this time is not doing anything at all. ftse is scheduled for surgery on the 20th April for it to be stiched back in hopefully this will fix it for good. I truly hope so as I am not feeling too good about him having surgery.

View attachment 19561

Luckily I massaged it back yesterday and fingers crossed today everything looks good. His eye is slightly red so we are going to the vet to have a check. How old is Ftse? Have you tried the massaging?

Ftse 100

Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Luckily I massaged it back yesterday and fingers crossed today everything looks good. His eye is slightly red so we are going to the vet to have a check. How old is Ftse? Have you tried the massaging?

Only by putting the ointment in, I am not sure how you actually do it but I am really interested in trying after reading a lot that have massaged it back in and so have not had to have surgery, can you tell me how to do it?. I am happy to hear that it worked for Brutus.
Ftse is 22 weeks today.
View attachment 19562

Attachments

• br 144.jpg
    br 144.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 40
OP
ChanelnBrutus

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Only by putting the ointment in, I am not sure how you actually do it but I am really interested in trying after reading a lot that have massaged it back in and so have not had to have surgery, can you tell me how to do it?. I am happy to hear that it worked for Brutus.
Ftse is 22 weeks today.
View attachment 19562

Sorry about the late response. My phone died and couldnt respond! I made sure I washed my hands very good and dried. I layed Brutus on his side and closed his eye (once you put your finger near it they usuallly will close it. I took my pointer finger and pressed firmley but not hard on the corner of the eye where the gland popped and massage it in a circular motion for about 45-50 seconds and then press firmly no movement for about 15 seconds. There are some videos I suggest watching first. Its not difficult but its an eye and we want to be sure we dont do anything to damage further. l I would give it a shot before opting for surgery. Hopefully it goes back in and doesnt happen again. Allso I heard that sometimes there could be an eye infection. We went to vet today and they said his eye looks good and no infections ...Keep me posted

Ftse 100

Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Sorry about the late response. My phone died and couldnt respond! I made sure I washed my hands very good and dried. I layed Brutus on his side and closed his eye (once you put your finger near it they usuallly will close it. I took my pointer finger and pressed firmley but not hard on the corner of the eye where the gland popped and massage it in a circular motion for about 45-50 seconds and then press firmly no movement for about 15 seconds. There are some videos I suggest watching first. Its not difficult but its an eye and we want to be sure we dont do anything to damage further. l I would give it a shot before opting for surgery. Hopefully it goes back in and doesnt happen again. Allso I heard that sometimes there could be an eye infection. We went to vet today and they said his eye looks good and no infections ...Keep me posted

I will definately try this today, we have visited the vet three times for this and they reckon its not an infection but now when you go to put the ointment in he really fights it, maybe it is sore or he just fed up with the ointment we certainly dont like it in our eyes! I am so long in responding due to the time difference. Thanks and i will keep you posted.

OP
ChanelnBrutus

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
I will definately try this today, we have visited the vet three times for this and they reckon its not an infection but now when you go to put the ointment in he really fights it, maybe it is sore or he just fed up with the ointment we certainly dont like it in our eyes! I am so long in responding due to the time difference. Thanks and i will keep you posted.

Just realized your in Australia! Hope it helps..Of course they wanna do the surgery $$$...If we can prevent surgery then thats great not for money but for the health of our bullies...Praying all goes well! YOu might have to try a couple times but read and look at the videos to help too!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
How is his eye doing?

Ftse 100

Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Just realized your in Australia! Hope it helps..Of course they wanna do the surgery $$$...If we can prevent surgery then thats great not for money but for the health of our bullies...Praying all goes well! YOu might have to try a couple times but read and look at the videos to help too!

I tried before I went to work and my husband tried a couple of hours later, doesn't seem to have done anything yet but I will still keep trying. yes the vets like to operate. i\It is going to cost me $900 on top of $354 that I have already paid out just for the consultations and ointments, should have been a vet myself.
br 144.jpg

OP
ChanelnBrutus

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Hope everything goes well today! You have to try to put your finger on the cherry eye itself when the eye is closed..Usually if it doesnt go back then surgery is needed but I dont belive its something that needs to be done right away! How old is he??? His he being neutuered as welll??? If so try having the surgery together to avoid multiple procedures...

Bullymommy55

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Star
I wish him the best of luck, Star had cherry eye and for the 1st few days after it popped out, it would go back in,Then it would come back out again. We took her to the vet and he tried to massage it in but we knew it wasnt going to be good news. She ended up having to have the surgery and was warned that the other eye may possibly one day come out. Knock on wood, both eyes have been ok since.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.