Cherry Eye????

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
So Brutus is now 10 months as of 4/4/12. His left eye today is not looking pretty. He seems to have Cherry Eye....When he was about 4 1/2 months the right eye gland popped out slightly and went back into place within a couple hours and (knock on wood) never came back. Well just now Brutus is on top of Chanels cage playing with his kong and I noticed his eye looked almost like he was looking a different way (cross eyed) and got closer and noticed. I posted a picture...I will try to massage it back into place but I wanted some advice about it. Should I leave it alone and see what happens??? He just had 2 procedures in 1 surgery about 2 1/2 months ago but I dont want him to need another so soon! He had a hard time after the surgery with seizures, and excessive bleeding so I am getting worried. I know there isnt any pain to them but It has to be uncomfortable for him and I feel so bad! He isnt acting any different, eating, drinking everything is fine except this eye.

I have him resting in his crate ... Maybe if he sleeps and relaxes it will go away! :(

IMG_1187.jpg

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
my bostons eye looked like that a couple of times long time ago when we first got him. i just left it as i didnt know what it was and after sleeping it would be gone. did it twice then never came back. both times it was after playing real hard. i hope his goes away to. maybe leave it and see if it goes away on its own. if not then try to massage it back in. :hug:

OP
ChanelnBrutus

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=1648]Lucy-licious[/MENTION] [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] I tried massaging it back in and used hot compress and it went back in but then popped out again! Ughhhh :cursing: This is frustrating. Well see what happens when he wakes from his nap!

OP
ChanelnBrutus

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=1648]Lucy-licious[/MENTION] [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] I tried massaging it back in and used hot compress and it went back in but then popped out again! Ughhhh :cursing: This is frustrating. Well see what happens when he wakes from his nap!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
[MENTION=4246]ChanelnBrutus[/MENTION] aw chin up dear. ask coop gracie had it maybe they have a way to do it that is different

OP
ChanelnBrutus

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Its not bright pink its acutally white! I just massaged as per the articles and now it looks like this

IMG_1189.jpg

Stilll there but not as big

He is napping now so I am going to leave it be and see what happens...Thanks soooo much!

L

Lucy-licious

there is also a possibility that it may be an infection in the inner eyelid. Antibiotic eye drops will help if it is xx They look very similar but obviously the infection doesn't stay in after massage :hug:

OP
ChanelnBrutus

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
I just spoke with our vet who wants us to go see him tommorow if its not gone. I just used my finger with a hot rag and its back in its place and doesnt look popped anymore. We are still gonna keep an eye (no pun) and still going to the vet for some eye drops...Any specific drops we should ask for ???

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
All you can do is just message it back in and hope for the best. It may stay and may not. Hopefully you can do this to prolong having the surgery.

C

Cooper11

:) I was going to tell you that you how to massage it and you need to by a little firm but I see you got it. You should massage it even when it is not popped out too...it will help believe me. Gracie was getting them here and there and when we started the massing it hasn't been back in months. Brutus cherry eye didn't look to bad either...actually looked just like Gracie's did. You keep massaging daily for a week or so and hopefully it won't come back. Good job girl. I know when my mom tried messaging it in she couldn't do it either. Then I watched the video and popped it right back on and showed her how to do it. I don't think you will have a problem with it if you keep up the massaging. :) Good Job Snook!!!!
[MENTION=4246]ChanelnBrutus[/MENTION]

OP
ChanelnBrutus

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
All you can do is just message it back in and hope for the best. It may stay and may not. Hopefully you can do this to prolong having the surgery.

I am hoping it stays! I dont care if I have to do this everyday as long as I get it back in and it doesnt cause any problems or issues for Brutus or his eye!

OP
ChanelnBrutus

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
:) I was going to tell you that you how to massage it and you need to by a little firm but I see you got it. You should massage it even when it is not popped out too...it will help believe me. Gracie was getting them here and there and when we started the massing it hasn't been back in months. Brutus cherry eye didn't look to bad either...actually looked just like Gracie's did. You keep massaging daily for a week or so and hopefully it won't come back. Good job girl. I know when my mom tried messaging it in she couldn't do it either. Then I watched the video and popped it right back on and showed her how to do it. I don't think you will have a problem with it if you keep up the massaging. :) Good Job Snook!!!!
@ChanelnBrutus

Thanks Meg! I actually tottally forgot Gracie had it too! I was scared about pressing too hard but it worked! I hope it stays..I also used a hot compress after to try and help it...We are going to vet tommorow for some drops and have a look at it. Ill take an updated pic once he wakes up

C

Cooper11

Thanks Meg! I actually tottally forgot Gracie had it too! I was scared about pressing too hard but it worked! I hope it stays..I also used a hot compress after to try and help it...We are going to vet tommorow for some drops and have a look at it. Ill take an updated pic once he wakes up

:) to me it didn't look too bad when it was popped out. I really believe you won't have much more problems with it if you keep up the massaging. I know what you mean about not pressing to hard...but when we itch out eye and stuff we can push pretty firm on our own eyes...that is how I would describe as far as firmness for the bullies. You got it figured out! I am hoping and thinking since he is 10 months and its just starting hopefully it will be an easy fix with just some mommy care. The face it went it with the massaging it great. I know [MENTION=4363]BrooklynStar[/MENTION] Dozers wouldn't go back it....it just stayed out! Bru auntie Megan is thinking of your cute little butt!!! :)

OP
ChanelnBrutus

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
:) to me it didn't look too bad when it was popped out. I really believe you won't have much more problems with it if you keep up the massaging. I know what you mean about not pressing to hard...but when we itch out eye and stuff we can push pretty firm on our own eyes...that is how I would describe as far as firmness for the bullies. You got it figured out! I am hoping and thinking since he is 10 months and its just starting hopefully it will be an easy fix with just some mommy care. The face it went it with the massaging it great. I know @BrooklynStar Dozers wouldn't go back it....it just stayed out! Bru auntie Megan is thinking of your cute little butt!!! :)

Yea I am hoping it just stays in and doesnt happen again! He had such a horrible couple weeks after his surgery with seizures, bleeding I dont want to chance it ever again! Thanks again for thinking of us! He just woke up b.c I dropped the remote and its okay now! Thanks again

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online