Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is my bully's belly suppose to be light pink?

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Is my bully's belly suppose to be light pink?

Doing a slow transition is so their tummy doesn't get upset from the difference in ingredients in the old and new foods. It basically is feeding 1/4 new food mixed with 3/4 old for for about a week, then mix 1/2 and 1/2 old and new for another week. Then 3/4 new food and 1/4 old food for another week before feeding 100% new food. Along the way, if your bullie starts to get loose poo you may want to back up a little on the mixture for a while longer before preceding.
    Also, I had a discussion with a rep from Earthborn a few weeks ago and he said that whenever he transitions from one food to another he adds a couple tablespoons of canned pumpkin to the mix. Said he never has a soft poo issue doing it that way.With Lily being a puppy I would think 1 tablespoon of pumpkin would help in the transition.

Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lily
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BruceP View Post
    Doing a slow transition is so their tummy doesn't get upset from the difference in ingredients in the old and new foods. It basically is feeding 1/4 new food mixed with 3/4 old for for about a week, then mix 1/2 and 1/2 old and new for another week. Then 3/4 new food and 1/4 old food for another week before feeding 100% new food. Along the way, if your bullie starts to get loose poo you may want to back up a little on the mixture for a while longer before preceding.
    Also, I had a discussion with a rep from Earthborn a few weeks ago and he said that whenever he transitions from one food to another he adds a couple tablespoons of canned pumpkin to the mix. Said he never has a soft poo issue doing it that way.With Lily being a puppy I would think 1 tablespoon of pumpkin would help in the transition.
    Thanks for the info. I am going to try that!
    Today is day 1 of the food switch! Fingers crossed!!

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Good luck ... we feed Beef Fromm too. You can interchange between ALL the Fromm 4* range with no transition once you've got them on it fully. We have done that in the past but Maggie seems to do the best on the Beef so we just keep to that one now.

My Bully Gave Me Wings Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Bev
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

You've gotten great advice on the food so I have nothing to add there but I can tell you that Abby's belly is not pick anymore. It started that way, but as she gets older it gets darker. I asked the doctor about it and she said it's just pigment and nothing to worry about.

Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lily
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Twice View Post
    You've gotten great advice on the food so I have nothing to add there but I can tell you that Abby's belly is not pick anymore. It started that way, but as she gets older it gets darker. I asked the doctor about it and she said it's just pigment and nothing to worry about.
    Ok great thanks Twice!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads