Bulldog Health

Jefferson bulldogs

Feb 7, 2010
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
IZA Diva & Lots 'O Dots
For our new bulldog owners, (NEVER FEED YOUR BULLDOG FOOD THAT HAS WHEAT, BEEF, OR CORN.)....bulldogs are very sensative and many have allergies to these products. I learned this the hard way...:D

Attachments

• pet-disaster-plan.jpg
    pet-disaster-plan.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 1,276

nlgraham

Feb 27, 2010
Silverdale,Wa
Bulldog(s) Names
Pac-Stun
so what dog food is good for bulldogs. We were told that Royal Kanin with the bulldog on it. Someone told me it is made for them? is that good dog food?

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 178
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 180
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 190

checkersarchuleta

Jan 31, 2010
luke afb
I feed checkers lamb and rice by nutro. I've heard its a good choice for bullies.he seems to like like it.

Attachments

• DSC01046.jpg
    DSC01046.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 174
  • 28.jpg
    28.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 185

kdmuck71

Feb 7, 2010
Baytown,Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Dahlila
Hi! I feed my Dahlila Iams Proactive. One of the Vets had recommended it. After readind the ingredients,I noticed that it has corn meal,and whole grain sorghum. Should I change her food?? She is only 7 months old and I want to fed her whatever is the best for her skin and health. Also,is there any supplement or vitamins that I should be giving her? Any info will help!! Thanks again!

Kevin

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hi! I feed my Dahlila Iams Proactive. One of the Vets had recommended it. After readind the ingredients,I noticed that it has corn meal,and whole grain sorghum. Should I change her food?? She is only 7 months old and I want to fed her whatever is the best for her skin and health. Also,is there any supplement or vitamins that I should be giving her? Any info will help!! Thanks again!

Kevin

Iams is not the best but it is not bad either. There are better foods out there of course, but iams is more convenient because it is distributed to grocery stores.

Nuvet plus is the best supplement you can give. Go to the our sponsors page to get it, not available in stores.

If you do decide to change food, do it slowly over a period of a week. Otherwise your bully will get tummyache and the "squirts".

Last edited:
OP
Jefferson bulldogs

Jefferson bulldogs

Feb 7, 2010
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
IZA Diva & Lots 'O Dots
Good Food

I feed my girls Nutro Lamb and Rice, but Royal Canine is also very good. The best thing to do is read the ingredients...make sure there is NO corn, wheat, wheat flour, wheat germ. The best thing to feed your bulldog is lamb as for meat. Beef and chicken is more difficult for them to digest. Also check your bulldog's treat ingredients. It takes time but its well worth it. I was feeding my girls regular dog food and Diva had an allergic reaction and started losing hair, when I switched to Nutro Lamb & Rice she made a speedy recovery and has never looked better. But even when your buying Nutro products read the ingredients because some of their products have wheat.

tazzy

Feb 1, 2010
That is what my Taz eats, it has worked great for him. I especially like the Royal Canin website where they explain the difference between bulldogs and other dogs digestive system.

nlgraham

Feb 27, 2010
Silverdale,Wa
Bulldog(s) Names
Pac-Stun
cool! this has helped us. because the lady who we got our bully from feeds him Bentifull(sp). and i have been told that beef isn't good for them and that they need lamb and other things. I have always e-mailed some breeders around washington and they have giving me so much information. and i was looking at and reading all the dog food at PetSmart and came arcosse Royal Canin, and had everything i was looking for and that it was good for bullies.

Attachments

• Buddy Boy.jpg
    Buddy Boy.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 208
  • Buddy 06-19-09.jpg
    Buddy 06-19-09.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 206
  • DSC00840.jpg
    DSC00840.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 202
  • DSC01061.jpg
    DSC01061.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 236
  • buddy & snow flake.JPG
    buddy & snow flake.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 237
  • IMAG0009.jpg
    IMAG0009.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 197
  • DSC01296.JPG
    DSC01296.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 195
OP
Jefferson bulldogs

Jefferson bulldogs

Feb 7, 2010
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
IZA Diva & Lots 'O Dots
GOOD CHOICE, we have decided to add Royal Canin to our dog's diet as well as Nutro. So far so good. Not a good choice for puppies though because the nibblets are so big. For puppies I recommend Nutro Lamb & Rice (Small Bites) Its perfect for puppies.

nlgraham

Feb 27, 2010
Silverdale,Wa
Bulldog(s) Names
Pac-Stun
so my bullie, is almost full on Royal Canin now, shall i mix in Nutro into his diet as well to? or just keep him on Royal Canin?

Bulldogg

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2010
Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly, Mandy, Jesse, Yuna & Tidus
so my bullie, is almost full on Royal Canin now, shall i mix in Nutro into his diet as well to? or just keep him on Royal Canin?

You should mix the two foods together for about a week. Slowly transfer from one food to the other, otherwise they can get a bad tummy-ache, diarherra, ect. So definately give him some of his Nutro as well. Best to mix it up in the bowl though.

OP
Jefferson bulldogs

Jefferson bulldogs

Feb 7, 2010
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
IZA Diva & Lots 'O Dots
Royal Canin should be good for an adult diet...my girls love Nurto Lamb & Rice so I mix it.

Attachments

• superhero-1.jpg
    superhero-1.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 306

nlgraham

Feb 27, 2010
Silverdale,Wa
Bulldog(s) Names
Pac-Stun
yeah i noticed that they are bigger, and wouldn't be good for a puppy. but royal canin nibblets has slowed down Pacs eatting. we have a speaical bowl for him so he would eat his food so fast. but with royal canin he is slower with it. then he was with his last food. but we have notice that his poo has gotten harder, he use to thave really soft poo. We are going to get some vitamins for him on payday. which we where told it helps with poo and his health. so yeah. I have studie bullies, but its sooo different to raise one, just like another dog. but we love it. can't wait to get a female or a lest another one!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.