To those who have lots of experience with male bulldogs

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
I originally had intended to get Aldo neutered at 10 months old, to give him a chance to get a bit more male bulldog characteristics. He is barely 7 months old but his testicles have descended and grown a lot and are probably full size though I'm not sure cuz I have never had a bulldog before. Anyways, this morning I noticed one testicle has a big bump attached to it, almost like a tumor. It is hard and it seems to hurt him when I touch it, but not sure if it's pain or discomfort from me squeezing his boy parts :nonono: I decided to neuter him as soon as possible to remove it in case it is anything abnormal. I called the vet and the soonest they can do it is Thursday. Do you think it is safe for me to wait or should I take him in for a consultation before that. I am also planning to remove some baby teeth that never fell out during the surgery so the doctor might ask me to wait until thursday morning anyways since he will need his full surgery staff. I just wanted the advice of the experts. There is always something going on with my Aldo :nope:

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I originally had intended to get Aldo neutered at 10 months old, to give him a chance to get a bit more male bulldog characteristics. He is barely 7 months old but his testicles have descended and grown a lot and are probably full size though I'm not sure cuz I have never had a bulldog before. Anyways, this morning I noticed one testicle has a big bump attached to it, almost like a tumor. It is hard and it seems to hurt him when I touch it, but not sure if it's pain or discomfort from me squeezing his boy parts :nonono: I decided to neuter him as soon as possible to remove it in case it is anything abnormal. I called the vet and the soonest they can do it is Thursday. Do you think it is safe for me to wait or should I take him in for a consultation before that. I am also planning to remove some baby teeth that never fell out during the surgery so the doctor might ask me to wait until thursday morning anyways since he will need his full surgery staff. I just wanted the advice of the experts. There is always something going on with my Aldo :nope:

I had wanted to wait but we had emergency issues with Brutus boy part! Prolapsed urethra with a lot of blood! :( He was 8 months and neutuered and his 2 boys had already dropped and were I would say golf ball size maybe! There werent any lumps ... It could be nothing but I would just let the vet know and see if he wants to see him before Thursday!

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
Watson was neutered at 9 months, seems to be filling out fine. Unless it looks infected, I don't think waiting until Thursday would make a difference

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
We didn't get lex nuetured till he was 11 months old and he had some pretty good sized ones lol. Never noticed a lump I would just watch it a day or two and if it gets bigger take him in

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I would think waiting until Thursday should be fine, unless it gets bigger before then. Did you ask your vet about it?

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
We had Tubs neutered at 5 months. He had dropped, but I doubt they were full size. He didn't have any problems. I just wanted to have hm neutered before he started marking his territory. :-) As for what you have mentioned. I don't think waiting a few more days will make a difference. But I think I would make it known to the vet anyway, if you haven't already. Good luck and keep us posted!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I agree with [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] Thursday should be fine, and if they feel hot too, that's an indication of something else going on in there.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I agree with David and Sherry --- Thursday should be fine.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.