Bumps, sores, blisters???

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
Hi all.... I have been noticing some bumps on Tubs face (chin, cheek, in a fold by his eye and under his rope). These start out what look like pimples, but then the seem to fill up with blood. When they get full they get hard and burst. When they burst they bleed quite a bit. Has anyone experienced this. They don't seem to bother him. When they burst I clean him up and try to get all the blood out and put ointment on them. He has had two up until today. When I cleaned his face today I found 4.... I. All the locations I mentioned. Any suggestion? I was going to see how he was tomorrow and if more popped up I was going to call the vet. After they pop and drain the next day there is no sign he even had it. I'm confused!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
strange.... can you post pictures? sounds like acne, but I'm sure you would have known that

OP
speechmom53

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
My parents needed to borrow my laptop, so as soon as I get it back I will post pictures!

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Brutus had something similiar. Only on his chin he had acne which ended up breaking and bleeding. I ended up at the vet b.c I am overly cautious and was told to keep it clean with stridex pads and always dry after drinking! Around his eyes,mouth that could be bactierial infection possibly! If you could post pictures that would really help!

OP
speechmom53

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
I will definitely post pictures when he gets a new one. The 4 I found yesterday broke and I cleaned. I found the one by his eyes because I noticed his eyes were running and his folds were wet. I found it when I was cleaning him up. I will get back with pictures! Thank you!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
It does sound like acne, or an allergy of some sort???? Pictures would help :yes:

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Bea used to have horrible chin acne. Thru vigilant "keepin it clean", she doesn't have it anymore at all. Particularly important for her; removal of "Gravy Face" after meals. :D

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online