JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Oh no! I hope Wilson will be OK. He always looks so big and healthy it's hard to imagine him having any problems. No sign of colds here though. Wilsons nose skin got scraped off because of his rubbing his face against the crate. I've been putting Zymox topical cream on it and it seems the only thing that is helping. I've doubled his dose of Benadryl (twice a day instead of once) for his allergies and that is helping a little. Gonna pray that your Wilson doesn't need any invasive treatments for his nose. Oh and my Wilson is wary too of me smooching him because all he knows is that I'm coming to mess with his eyes, ears, nose and paws. I make it up to him in belly rubs.
Ohhhh poor Wilson's nose! Why does it rub it on his crate? Ouch!

Yeah Wilson's a big tough very independent guy. I think that'll I'll call the doc first. I can have my cousin pick him up and take him in for me if needed. She lives right by us and my vet is closer to my work. So it's a win win for tomorrow if he wants to see him. He's always booked, he's that good and that busy.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Poor Wilson ... I hope he's ok!!! Let us know what the vet says tomorrow!!

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I bet everyone's going to go look at their bully's nose now. :yes: We're hoping it's just allergies too, that's what my vet said but to be safe I'm dropping him off for a lookie.

If I go to give him a kiss, he flings his head the other way.....:laugh: He's so pissed at me! I'm the disciplinary in our house. ;)

Yuuuuupppp I just checked Brutus! Thanks for sharing this...:pray: its nothing more! :hug: to you and the whole gang

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
doesn't make sense to just developed a pinched nostril all of a sudden. more likely edema and temporary:yes:

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
doesn't make sense to just developed a pinched nostril all of a sudden. more likely edema and temporary:yes:
As I discovered in looking for Ear pictures this morning, I came across quite a few that I had taken where his nostril is like that - we just never noticed it until now. This is his first allergy season as an adult so I'm sure it's just swollen.

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tomorrow Wilson's going to spend the day at his vet. He's still breathing harder and at times opening his mouth for air and then gurgling. I'm sure it's just allergies since this is his first adult season and he's experiencing more. Dr. G is going to look at his nostril too and see if he's a candidate for fixing it. :up: I'll followup tomorrow night whenI get home. :up:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
[MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] many good thoughts and prayers for the turd burglar :D

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Give Wilson a humongous hug from me and the boys! Maybe he caught a bug from Emma and might have some residual congestion. I'm glad he's off to the vet's tomorrow to get evaluated.

C

Cooper11

Yes lets hope it is allergies....maybe that side isn't folding maybe he is :picknose: the other side too much!!!! :blink: :hmm:

I wonder if you can get nose jobs for bullies????? :eek:

[MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION]

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:hmm: well I guess it would be ohhhhhh so inappropriate to say what I came here thinking ..ummm...what I was hoping to say....:hmm: sumpin about :poo: ...his nose..and well you know!

:pray: our boy is fine....

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ok, well they just love him over there. On his discharge paper he got a "he's a wonderful patient."

Wilson has an Eye infection in his right eye. And because of that there is drainage into his nasal passages. With a narrowed right nostril, it's making it difficult for him to breathe. He's on antibiotics (Clavamox 250mg and Tri Optic HC) for the next 14 days. He goes back in for a recheck on the 21st and then we'll talk about further options if needed.

He was also due for his rabie shot this Friday (hubby was taking him and Jack in) but Dr. G said no way until 2 weeks after his meds.

So glad I took him in. :luv:

Thanks everyone!!!! :hug2:

Last edited:
OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh yeah, we're to limit his activities for 21 days to a short leash walks, not a problem that I can see. :ROFL:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.