Diareah & food switching for mu puppy how long?

Fbjdd

Mar 16, 2012
Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bongo
Hi all,

After a lot of research I've decided to change Bongo from Wellness puppy to Orijen puppy because his poop still is that soft serve stuff just not very solid.
I know it has 40% protein but I'm not of that belief thatt high protein is bad. Hes had 4 feeding of 75%old food to 25% origen mix I will soon be going to half and half and so on. His poop is still pretty soft not diareah just pretty soft serve ho long before I should see him adjust I your guys experience?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
It may take until you are completely switched, but usually around the 3/4 new 1/4 old you should see a lot of improvement :-)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=4518]Fbjdd[/MENTION] agree with [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]..... good luck and let us know how it is going

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
It take a few weeks for the old food to get out of their system. If it gets softer then back off a little bit because that could be a sign that you are transitioning too quickly.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I also did a switch from Solid Gold puppy to Fromm Beef all stages and noticed his :poo: was softer so I went backwards a little and added more old food than new for a couple days and within 1 mnth I saw a great change. We are now 2 months into the switch and I couldnt be happier...Our bullies have sensitive tummys so something they dont handlle food switch well. I feed Brutus about 3 1/2 cups of kibble and 1 egg in morning 1 tbsp yogurt at night..He is very active! With hyper bullies its ok with more proetin b/c they will burn it faster..Hope this helps and everything goes well!

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online