Dozer's Cries

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Abby makes all kinds of noises. From what sounds like a pigeon that means "hurry up and get that stuff into my bowl" to the "I'm bored" loud sigh. The little whine is what she wakes me up with when she needs to go pee.

There is nothing wrong with him. He's just finding ways to tell you what he wants :)

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Awww that sounds like the 'baby chewbacca speak' wait till he gets a little older and you'll get it lol. Nigel whines and does the chewbacca speak when he wants out of his kennel or if he wants attention. A little play time and then he's off to bed and all is well and off to sleep he goes. Get a nightlight too...he could be scared of the dark...I leave a dim lamp on for Nigel and Karly.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Wow i cant tell you how relieving that is to me!!! That other member's bullys make the same noise...so its a breed specific type of noise then..lol how cute

Yep... bulldog speak, so to say. Nitschke did his Chewbacca talk from the day we brought him home.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
[MENTION=4363]BrooklynStar[/MENTION] - I'm checking back in to see if you've figured it out yet. Have ya?

P.S. I think it's adorable you're such worry wart about your baby bullie......

OP
BrooklynStar

BrooklynStar

Feb 21, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
[MENTION=4363]BrooklynStar[/MENTION] - I'm checking back in to see if you've figured it out yet. Have ya?

P.S. I think it's adorable you're such worry wart about your baby bullie......

Well I knew my instincts were telling me something. The other day dozer pooped out a 6 inch long piece of string, I've no idea where he got it from, but in the pet store where we got him they had a rope toy in his crate. I'm not sure if it possible in staying in there for a month and a half but we don't have any string of any kind in this house and when we're on walks he is watched the whole time. Ever since that event that noise he's been making has simply stopped ten fold. Instead of doing it the entire night he doesn't do it as long or as pronounced as it used to be. It might be once a night for a second or two. Now it's entirely possible it could be coincidenece but I find it really odd that it all of sudden stopped after a month and a half of doing it.

Last edited:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
aw well im glad he pooped it out. i hope he gets better now. yes always go with your instincts they are usually right.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I'm glad he pooped it out!! Get used to that .... they seem to find things to eat that you never knew you had until you see it when it comes out the other end!!! :blink:

As for the noises ... I listened twice and just thought it was the normal bully noises. They seem to have their own language!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Well I knew my instincts were telling me something. The other day dozer pooped out a 6 inch long piece of string, I've no idea where he got it from, but in the pet store where we got him they had a rope toy in his crate. I'm not sure if it possible in staying in there for a month and a half but we don't have any string of any kind in this house and when we're on walks he is watched the whole time. Ever since that event that noise he's been making has simply stopped ten fold. Instead of doing it the entire night he doesn't do it as long or as pronounced as it used to be. It might be once a night for a second or two. Now it's entirely possible it could be coincidenece but I find it really odd that it all of sudden stopped after a month and a half of doing it.

yes, it can take awhile for some 'things' to make their way out. Seriously, you have no idea some of the 'things' i've seen having worked at a doggie daycare for 4 years

OP
BrooklynStar

BrooklynStar

Feb 21, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Thank you everyone I appreciate your concerns and feed back I hope there's nothing else lingering around inside of him. I just did another sweep of the whole house and can say we definitely don't have any string, at least not type I saw, the only thing that comes close is bungee cord and it's too big and it's way out-of-the-way for him to even get to.

Last edited:

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
yes, it can take awhile for some 'things' to make their way out. Seriously, you have no idea some of the 'things' i've seen having worked at a doggie daycare for 4 years

What's the most BIZARRE thing you've ever found? heehee! (I can't wait to hear this story)

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Well I am glad that he pooped it out and he is hopefully feeling better! You will definitely know your bullie's noises better than anyone! They are very vocal so it is a good way to pick up on anything wrong. Always good to go with your instincts about your little guy! :D

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.