Dozer's Cries

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
:lmao: I got the right link! His cries are so cute. Wait until he gets older and it turns to whines. Frank whines when he wants attention, food, potty, or sometimes just because he is tired and feeling bratty.

OP
BrooklynStar

BrooklynStar

Feb 21, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
:lmao: I got the right link! His cries are so cute. Wait until he gets older and it turns to whines. Frank whines when he wants attention, food, potty, or sometimes just because he is tired and feeling bratty.

So hes not sick? Or in pain? He literally has done this since day 1 and its been almost two months...the vet said hes fine...i still dont get why hes crying hes just sitting there looking at me ...

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
You silly. I'm like...."Dude, you're a bit late on April Fools but ok...."......

Bo does that when he wants attention - or help getting up on the couch that he can jump on BY HIMSELF. Grandma says he also does it when I'm not home. He looks out the slider - to where my truck should be - and makes that noise. ha ha ha The Little poop.

He's spoiled that's all. Just like the rest of em around here! (and we wouldn't have it any other way, would we? Nope.)

OP
BrooklynStar

BrooklynStar

Feb 21, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Wow i cant tell you how relieving that is to me!!! That other member's bullys make the same noise...so its a breed specific type of noise then..lol how cute

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
So hes not sick? Or in pain? He literally has done this since day 1 and its been almost two months...the vet said hes fine...i still dont get why hes crying hes just sitting there looking at me ...

Nope! The only time he has hurt himself it was a much different cry/yelp. It is probably that he wants attention, or to be held, or food....all those things bullies love. Frank also does it when he really has to go potty. You could try to distract him with his favorite toy, or hold him while he chews on something.

OP
BrooklynStar

BrooklynStar

Feb 21, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Nope! The only time he has hurt himself it was a much different cry/yelp. It is probably that he wants attention, or to be held, or food....all those things bullies love. Frank also does it when he really has to go potty. You could try to distract him with his favorite toy, or hold him while he chews on something.

What's weird though is say he found a comfy spot on his bed, he'll go to sleep and then he'll wake up and walk around the bed to find a new spot...as he's walking, he'll make that noise until he lays down and goes back to sleep

Last edited:

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
I just think they sound like puppy sounds. It has been a little bit since Frank was a puppy but I am pretty sure we have some videos of him making little cries like that, especially when he thought he was alone and we weren't around. Puppies have different personalities...he might be a little needy. Frank was definitely a needy puppy and now he has turned into a needy teenager.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Eventually you learn their "bulldog" noises and what they mean. I know each one of my dogs barks, whines or growls and what it's meaning is. BabyGirl probably has the most dog vocabulary most of which inform me of her dissatisfactions. There's a huff for "I'm not liking this" and a whine and low growl for "I don't want to be in my pen" usually accompanied by dramatic kicking and flailing in a heap of frustrated bulldog. Then there is the inevitable running of her claws down my leg for "look at me or don't stop rubbing my head." Oh and there is the intense staring at me till I finally feel the burning presence of her in my line of vision. Impatience seems to be the common thread for all of my dogs.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
[MENTION=1760]Fontanafox[/MENTION] :laugh: "...."I don't want to be in my pen" usually accompanied by dramatic kicking and flailing in a heap of frustrated bulldog. Bwhahahaha!

[MENTION=4363]BrooklynStar[/MENTION] - I think you've just got yourself one "Kvetching Bulldog". Maybe he's like that cartoon character that says, "We're doomed...I just know it..." over and over....? He's a Negative Nancy, perhaps?

I can see why you'd be worried. I would too. But if the vet has checked him completely - with blood tests and all --- and assures a clean bill of health....what ya gonna do? I guess you could go have him CAT Scanned or something....?

OP
BrooklynStar

BrooklynStar

Feb 21, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
@Fontanafox :laugh: "...."I don't want to be in my pen" usually accompanied by dramatic kicking and flailing in a heap of frustrated bulldog. Bwhahahaha!

@BrooklynStar - I think you've just got yourself one "Kvetching Bulldog". Maybe he's like that cartoon character that says, "We're doomed...I just know it..." over and over....? He's a Negative Nancy, perhaps?

I can see why you'd be worried. I would too. But if the vet has checked him completely - with blood tests and all --- and assures a clean bill of health....what ya gonna do? I guess you could go have him CAT Scanned or something....?

So, something is wrong with him?

C

Cooper11

I think he is afraid of the dark.....So dark and then having the Strong Brooklyn accent talking to you and not being able to see anyone! :eek: It would make me cry too....scare the :poo: right outa me!!! :blink:

:rofl: i think he is fine....Cooper doesn't whine like that but he whines a lot. like when he wants something.....my neighbors was over last night and we were outside and my neighbors little 4 lbs yorkie ventured over to our house...she is scared of everything so wen you see this tiny little thing hopping through the yard and walking the outline of the landscaping it is funny.....anyway I had Coop on a leash and as she walked closer I said Coop is going to cry....and 5 second later he was whining and crying cuz he wanted her....he is a little to rough and hyper for her...I am afraid he will step on her.....He whines all the time if he wants something or some one! I call him my big baby. I can't even go down the stair without him crying to go with me! :heart: him to pieces though! :)

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
My bully makes those noises too when he wants something...I call it his pigeon call. :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.